which would you choose.

Danube
05-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Both.

FUNX650
05-24-2012, 08:40 PM
which would you choose.

When I want to go the "jeweling-route", using a rotary:

3M polish, 3M ultrafina, ultra fine polish, 3m car polish, rotary polisher, finishing polish, final polish (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-ultra-fine-polish.html)

:)

Bob

Mobile detail
05-24-2012, 08:45 PM
When I want to go the "jeweling-route", using a rotary:

3M polish, 3M ultrafina, ultra fine polish, 3m car polish, rotary polisher, finishing polish, final polish (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-ultra-fine-polish.html)

Bob
I have and use this but was told by the sales rep that it has fillers in it, do you know if this is true Bob? I've used it on black cars then did a PrepSol wipe down and didn't see anything that I "covered" up but I was worried that it would. I was also worried about it interfering with bonding of sealants/coatings.

OP

I have tried both 85rd and 106. Of the 2, I use the 106 more because it has a little more cut. 85 is a great jeweling polish if you need that extra step and your paint is pretty much prefect before hand and you wanna give it that extra pop. 106 is nice because it will get rid of light swirls/towel marring and leave a finish that is comperable to 85rd.

Is it for your car or customers? what color are you working on?

maximus20895
05-24-2012, 08:58 PM
SF4500 (PO85RD) is a must for those very soft blacks :)

s500
05-24-2012, 09:01 PM
its for my car but i was going to use m105, m205, then po85rd because i wouldn't need any more cut after the m105, and m205. by the way i have a orange ccs pad for m105. do you think it would cut better with a flat pad or should i just go for a mf pad.

s500
05-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I have and use this but was told by the sales rep that it has fillers in it, do you know if this is true Bob? I've used it on black cars then did a PrepSol wipe down and didn't see anything that I "covered" up but I was worried that it would. I was also worried about it interfering with bonding of sealants/coatings.

OP

I have tried both 85rd and 106. Of the 2, I use the 106 more because it has a little more cut. 85 is a great jeweling polish if you need that extra step and your paint is pretty much prefect before hand and you wanna give it that extra pop. 106 is nice because it will get rid of light swirls/towel marring and leave a finish that is comperable to 85rd.

Is it for your car or customers? what color are you working on?

its for my car but i was going to use m105, m205, then po85rd because i wouldn't need any more cut after the m105, and m205. by the way i have a orange ccs pad for m105. do you think it would cut better with a flat pad or should i just go for a mf pad.

FUNX650
05-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I have and use this but was told by the sales rep that it has fillers in it, do you know if this is true Bob?

(More on: "polishes and filling" below.)

I've used it on black cars then did a PrepSol wipe down and didn't see anything that I "covered" up but I was worried that it would.

See...You worried for no reason. You must have removed the paint blemishes, afterall!!

I was also worried about it interfering with bonding of sealants/coatings.

If this was so, it would seem you would have the same worries regarding other polishes, as well. Each sealant/coating product manufacturer usually have their respective recommendations for their products': Pre-application processes to ensure proper 'bonding'.

Back to fillers in polishes.

There have been many "wars" about: fillers this, and fillers that.
I just remember what many Professional Detailers, who often have a pretty good rapport with Chemists, have alluded to before; and, also, what has often been said by some Chemists/formulators themselves.

And I paraphrase:
-Lubricants/oils (fillers) are necessary/needed in polishes to stay between the paint, and the pad of a rotary spinning at 1200-1500rpms. (Talk about 'thermal-overload', if they weren't there!!)
Also...Completely removing these "fillers", left over by the polishing process(es), may be dependent on your 'remover'.

-Will "fillers" allow/cause any masking-of-defects affects??
Again...If you actually remove the defects with a polish, then there is nothing left to be filled.

-Menzerna and 3M "jeweling polishes"...IMO...are both excellent at performing their formulators' intentions!

Bob

maximus20895
05-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Are you using a rotary or a DA? For DAs I feel like the flat pads and MF pads are better than the CCS pads.

s500
05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Are you using a rotary or a DA? For DAs I feel like the flat pads and MF pads are better than the CCS pads.

yes da pc7424xp