PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun

Pages : [1] 2 3

New Image
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Im sure this topic has been beatin to death but... Im thinking of buying a foam gun. Is it worth it? And if it is, should i get the one that hooks to a pressure washer or the garden hose?

Anyone selling or giving one away?

maximus20895
05-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I would say the pressure washer one is quite a bit better.

Webb
05-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Get the Foam cannon it's better.

VISITOR
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
if you only want something for pre-soaking, get the foam cannon (you'll need a pressure washer/adaptor of course). if you want to be able to utilize while washing as well as a presoak (i use it for both) then get the foam gun. if you only use the foam gun for pre-soaking it's a waste IMO...

Old Tiger
05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
if you only want something for pre-soaking, get the foam cannon (you'll need a pressure washer/adaptor of course). if you want to be able to utilize while washing as well as a presoak (i use it for both) then get the foam gun. if you only use the foam gun for pre-soaking it's a waste IMO...
I agree Al, the foam gun is a waste, but my grandchildren enjoy it!

I presoak with a garden sprayer of UWW+. Now that works!

SON1C
05-24-2012, 09:02 PM
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/th_d0d5dcd0.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/?action=view&current=d0d5dcd0.mp4)
Click to play ^
foam gun! (not cannon)

alko
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
DEFINITELY get the pressure washer connect. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE foaming my car, or any car for that matter.

Here you go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/48130-s-foam-party.html

brian45acp
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I returned my pressure sprayer and was tired of worrying about how long it would last. Got the Foam gun and it works great. Throws nice amount of water and soap on the car and I can hold it in 1 hand and spray it just ahead of the wash mitt. All that is needed here is to lubricate the paint and get as much dirt off the paint before touching it and the foam gun works great for that in my opinion.

New Image
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks all. I'm leaning towards the power washer one. But my hesitation to buy one is the thought that i have to buy special foam soap for it.

I currently use the power washers as a pre-soak then followed by a two bucket then another power wash for the rinse. Am i really going to gain anything with the foam gun besides the cool factor?

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks all. I'm leaning towards the power washer one. But my hesitation to buy one is the thought that i have to buy special foam soap for it.

I currently use the power washers as a pre-soak then followed by a two bucket then another power wash for the rinse. Am i really going to gain anything with the foam gun besides the cool factor?

In reality, no, not really.

I use mine about 50% of the time. I'll hose down the car, apply foam, let it sit so it soften and dissolve surface contaminates and debris, then hose it off "before" I perform a regular hand wash...

soccer05
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Whats the difference between a foam gun and foam cannon?

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Whats the difference between a foam gun and foam cannon?

Foam Gun - Garden Hose
Foam Cannon - Pressure washer

soccer05
05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Foam Gun - Garden Hose
Foam Cannon - Pressure washer

Oh that makes sense. I don't have a pressure washer so which Foam Gun would you recommend?

BobbyG
05-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh that makes sense. I don't have a pressure washer so which Foam Gun would you recommend?

This is the one I have...

Wolfgang Quart Foamaster Foam Gun delivers a thick layer of foam to your vehicle to give the paint maximum lubrication as you wash. Enjoy a safer, (http://www.autogeek.net/woqufofogun.html)

KillaCam
05-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't know why everyone loves the foam cannon so much. I absolutely hate dragging out the pressure washer, connecting it, starting it up, making sure it has gas, etc. I'm going to get the foam gun with my next order.