PDA

View Full Version : Removing CarPro PERL?

BookemDano
05-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi. I've applied PERL to the tires and some exterior plastic and rubber trim on my 2011 A4. On the tires, PERL is EXCELLENT! And it looks good on the plastic trim. However...

Last night I saw some spots on the rubber trim on the left and right sides of the front window. Even though I taped up the rubber window trim before polishing and sealing the hood with UPGP and Zaino sealants (I'm doing a review of these products.), I suspect that something splashed on the trim. Or it could have been the result of recent rains. I'm not sure.

I reapplied PERL to this rubber trim and it looks good now. However...

I'd like to remove the PERL from the front window trim and replace it with UTTG (I have a bottle of that too). What is the best way to completely remove PERL from rubber trim?

Thanks,

Dan.

CEE DOG
05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Dan, Any good rubber cleaner, amazing roll off, or APC should work. Carpro Eraser and an mf towel may work also if you have it on hand.

If this is typical rubber seals UTTG has a couple little tricks for application on this surface. With plastic it's wowa but with this material you apply very very thin and then leave it as long as possible. You could just buff it after 20 minutes but if it's your personal vehicle I like to leave it even for days on end. Water won't wash it or make it run but if you touch it with your finger you will see a fingerprint showing it didn't soak in or dry on this material.

So, a day or a week later then you wipe it off and you are all set.

BookemDano
05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Dan, Any good rubber cleaner, amazing roll off, or APC should work. Carpro Eraser and an mf towel may work also if you have it on hand.

If this is typical rubber seals UTTG has a couple little tricks for application on this surface. With plastic it's wowa but with this material you apply very very thin and then leave it as long as possible. You could just buff it after 20 minutes but if it's your personal vehicle I like to leave it even for days on end. Water won't wash it or make it run but if you touch it with your finger you will see a fingerprint showing it didn't soak in or dry on this material.

So, a day or a week later then you wipe it off and you are all set.
Corey,

Thanks! I have OPC and CarPro Eraser (great stuff). I'll try OPC first. Uhm... Full strength? 3:1? 10:1?

Thanks,

Dan.

CEE DOG
08-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi Dan! Sorry for the late reply :(

Maybe stick to 3:1. Don't spray direct. You want to avoid spraying it on paint. Just rub it on there good with MF towel and rinse well if possible. Use some eraser after it's dry before applying UTTG.

BobbyG
08-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Dan,

If all purpose cleaner doesn't remove the spot try dampening a cloth with mineral spirits and this should work for you.