PDA

View Full Version : dressing engine wheels and trim

s500
05-23-2012, 10:58 PM
i am looking for a durable long lasting dressing for my tires, wheel wells, trim, and engine. i was looking at hyper dressing but am pretty sure it won't last long and i was leaning toward opti bond. what would you choose or use.

snellvilleauto
05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
PERL is my go to for pretty much all the things you mentioned. I got UTTG and it's my favorite but it's too expensive for wheel wells and engine. PERL 3:1 go on EVERYTHING so easily and a lot cheaper others. I have Opti Bond, Hyper dressing, UTTG and PERL.

Sunshyne
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
PERL is my go to for pretty much all the things you mentioned. I got UTTG and it's my favorite but it's too expensive for wheel wells and engine. PERL 3:1 go on EVERYTHING so easily and a lot cheaper others. I have Opti Bond, Hyper dressing, UTTG and PERL.

pretty much sums it up, I have and do the same thing you do :)

Love my Perl!

SR99
05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
I guess it depends what you mean by long. I've used hyperdressing on engines and tires for a few years and have been happy with it. Seems to last pretty long on the engine, and about as long as other things (which is not very long) on tires. I also have the blue solvent based Meguiars stuff (I forget the name) which lasts longer on tires but the splatter onto the paint is more of a pain to clean (especially white paint)

atoy
05-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I tried optibond, perl, 303ap and adams vrt. So far the best that work for me is adams vrt. I wasnt impress with the longevity and looks of optibond, perl and 303. I think adams vrt is a rebranded cg vrp. Havent tried it though.

Meticulous-Detail
05-24-2012, 04:26 AM
I guess it depends what you mean by long. I've used hyperdressing on engines and tires for a few years and have been happy with it. Seems to last pretty long on the engine, and about as long as other things (which is not very long) on tires. I also have the blue solvent based Meguiars stuff (I forget the name) which lasts longer on tires but the splatter onto the paint is more of a pain to clean (especially white paint)

Megs All Season Dressing.

PERL is a great option and on my list to buy. Right now I use Megs ASD on wells, tires, and exterior trim and Megs QID and WBD for the interior.

After an application of Megs ASD try going over it with a MF towel after 15-20 mins to grab the excess. Last long, it's cheap and looks great.

CEE DOG
05-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Perl or UTTG for engines http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40314-review-carpro-perl.html

PERL is also great on interiors and one of my two favorites along with UIGP.

I love PERL on the wheels as well but if the vehicle is parked outside 24/7 or sees rain it doesn't look as good after a couple weeks.

UTTG for Trim, Solution Finish topped with UTTG for faded trim

UTTG for durability on tires except it doesn't look as PERL on tires.

mcochris
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
PERL is also great on interiors
I used PERL 1:0 on tires and it looks great, thanks for your review of it. Is it glossy on interior surfaces? It's glossy on my tires.

07gtcs
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Sonus Motor and Trip Coat is a great spray on and walk away for the engine bay.