PDA

View Full Version : Take me through the steps; my first black car

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mydnyghte
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
This past year I purchased a black 2005 Mustang GT. 3 days after owning it I had some stripes painted on it, grey in color, and then began my journey in owning a black car. After some time, I realized that I need to refine my cleaning technique, as I want this thing to look its best, and not all the time do I feel it does. So after coming to this site and being totally overwhelmed at the options that lay before me, I need advice!

After browsing through the hallways of this palace, I know now that I want to clay the car, thats a given. Last time I washed it, the paint did not feel nice at all. I checked out a bunch of the car care kits, almost ordering the Souveran/Klassse kit as I noticed it comes with a clay bar, but experience has taught me to explore first before settling down. So someone advise me on the best steps to take with cleaning my car up and getting it immaculate:o Please!

What should I initially do for a good detailing?
How often should I detail?
What products would you suggest?
Why does it burn when I pe...nevermind.

Any help is massively appreciated!

DS Detailer
05-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Beautiful car. Nothing beat next generation american muscle desinged in america assembled in mexico and painted in canada...

Well... let me tell you..

You'll want to wash it
-Pinnacle wash

You'll want to clay it
-Pinnacle Polyclay and lube

You should be fairly swirl free, but i would invest in a PC 7424 kit. I bought the Pinnacle kit and I loved it.
You'll want use a finishing polish
- Poorboy's ssr1 or pinnacle Finishing Polish are my fave

then you may want to seal it...
-Nothing is easier then Wolfgangs Deep Gloss paint sealant.

then you'll need to wax it
-Pinnacle Souraven is the best there is...

and you need a quick detailer...

-Pinnacle Crystal Mist rules.

Invest in some micro fibers...

and i wax every 2 weeks atleast, polish about evey 6 weeks, and clay as needed (not often) your first detail should take 2 days to make sure you do it all right.

DS Detailer
05-15-2006, 12:19 AM
sorry that was so... not detailed... it's late and i'm sleepy.

BILL
05-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Read Pretty Detailed To Me....other Than Doing It Yourself:cheers:

Mydnyghte
05-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Beautiful car. Nothing beat next generation american muscle desinged in america assembled in mexico and painted in canada...

Haha, you aren't kidding! I have a couple sweatshirts that were "Assembled in Mexico with USA components":righton:

Where is the PC 7424 kit? Or is that the one with the orbital buffer?

ScottB
05-15-2006, 04:47 PM

Well... let me tell you..

You'll want to wash it
-Pinnacle wash

You'll want to clay it
-Pinnacle Polyclay and lube

You should be fairly swirl free, but i would invest in a PC 7424 kit. I bought the Pinnacle kit and I loved it.
You'll want use a finishing polish
- Poorboy's ssr1 or pinnacle Finishing Polish are my fave
add SSR 2.5 for tougher marks

then you may want to seal it...
-Nothing is easier then Wolfgangs Deep Gloss paint sealant.

then you'll need to wax it
-Pinnacle Souraven is the best there is...
Poorboys Natty Blue for inexpensive replacement

and you need a quick detailer...

-Pinnacle Crystal Mist rules.
Clearkote Quikshine also rocks.

Invest in some micro fibers...

and i wax every 2 weeks atleast, polish about evey 6 weeks, and clay as needed (not often) your first detail should take 2 days to make sure you do it all right.

Man you need a job ??????????????? :applause: :applause: :applause:
(I added a couple subs, but his list just plain rocks !!)

DS Detailer
05-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Man you need a job ??????????????? :applause: :applause: :applause:
(I added a couple subs, but his list just plain rocks !!)

You're Obi Won. I'm Luke. Or thats the goal anyway.

:):cheers:

93 Turbo Ranger
05-15-2006, 08:03 PM
damn that was a good write up, i got to do that to my black truck, when i bought it, it had not been waxed or anything for at least 6 months, it looked like crap, i waxed it with gold glass and it made a difference but not good enough, its need a good waxing

BILL
05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
You Need A Little Push.?....this Is The Place......;)

93 Turbo Ranger
05-15-2006, 08:11 PM
yea it is, i need the help, dont know to much about detaling and what to buy

Mydnyghte
05-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Now I am all hot and bothered....:awesome:

Well it looks like I know where my next paycheck is going.Thanks for helping me spend my money guys!:grouphug: As soon as I get my hands on what I need, I suppose I will have to take some pictures so as to immortalize my first "real" detail of my car. Man, I thought the first time was supposed to hurt....

cwcad
05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Now I am all hot and bothered....:awesome:

Man, I thought the first time was supposed to hurt....

It will if you do everything by hand. LOL!!!

You are have recieved excellent advise. Now make a judgement on the products to use. Then take on that car and detail it. Good Luck!!

Mydnyghte
05-15-2006, 11:29 PM
It will if you do everything by hand. LOL!!!

I may have to, I am working on paying off the long tube headers I recently installed:o

Mydnyghte
06-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Alright, so the time is nigh for me to place my order:cheers:
One last question about the wax, liquid or paste? Its been ages since I have used paste, but have heard accolades from both sides of the fence about them both!

abrcrombe
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Which wax are you buying? Paste souveran is the favorite of most here. I just picked up Natty's Blue Paste. I'm going to give that a try.