PDA

View Full Version : Used Spray Bottles

travis2375
05-23-2012, 07:45 AM
I have a small collection of spray bottles that I use to dilute products, or maybe just use them instead of the bottle the product originally came in. When you use all the product in the bottle what do you do to clean it out and prepare it for a different product? Do you just rinse with water? Use a new sprayer on the old bottle? Do you have a special cleaning procedure? Or do you just toss the used bottle in the trash and use a new one? Explanations and reasoning please.

andrew b
05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I repurpose spray bottles that have a good spraying action/pattern. Use them for diluted product, plain distilled water, etc.

I just rinse them thoroughly, then wash them with dishwashing soap, rinse thoroughly again,and let them dry.

Be sure to spray soapy water from the bottle through the sprayer, then follow with clean water until the spray isn't foamy anymore.

dwlinc23
05-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Rinse thoroughly, wash with dish soap, place sprayer in the bottle and spray several times, remove sprayer, rinse thoroughly again, fill with HOT water, place sprayer in again, spray several time with the HOT rinse water, remove sprayer, rinse again with HOT water.

andrew b
05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Rinse thoroughly, wash with dish soap, place sprayer in the bottle and spray several times, remove sprayer, rinse thoroughly again, fill with HOT water, place sprayer in again, spray several time with the HOT rinse water, remove sprayer, rinse again with HOT water.

That's a much more detailed descriptionon a good wash process than mine, and really similar to what I do....:props:

Bunky
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
I always save bottles to reuse especially the sprayers.