PDA

View Full Version : Another use for Iron X

jonn127
05-23-2012, 07:41 AM
I know this is random..... The other day I forgot to sweep the sidewalks and drive way after putting down some fertilizer with a heavier iron concentrate, needless to say this left a large amount of stains on the concrete. My wife saw it and said "is that rust?"
Then the lightbulb went off. Iron deposits.....removal.....Iron X. Figured it was worth a shot, so I sprayed some on the sidewalk and next thing I knew my side walk was purple, let it sit for a little bit, then hit it with the pressure washer. Worked perfectly.
THANKS CAR PRO!!!:props:

Becciasm
05-23-2012, 07:59 AM
I know this is random..... The other day I forgot to sweep the sidewalks and drive way after putting down some fertilizer with a heavier iron concentrate, needless to say this left a large amount of stains on the concrete. My wife saw it and said "is that rust?"
Then the lightbulb went off. Iron deposits.....removal.....Iron X. Figured it was worth a shot, so I sprayed some on the sidewalk and next thing I knew my side walk was purple, let it sit for a little bit, then hit it with the pressure washer. Worked perfectly.
THANKS CAR PRO!!!:props:

I've used IX to remove surface rust stains on countertops.... in fact i keep a small sample bottle of IX in teh cleaning cabinet.. :)

Avi@CarPro
05-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, its working well on rusted concrete.
a pic would be nice to see. before and after.
:xyxthumbs:

JBL
05-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, its working well on rusted concrete.
a pic would be nice to see. before and after.
:xyxthumbs:

I knew I should've done that too...wasn't thinking.

I rent where I live and when I moved in, the tub was a mess.

Whoever lived there before me--or perhaps the maintenance department--scrubbed the tub so hard that the glazing is gone on most of it. To top it all off, there is a depression in the tub that likes to pool water. I've scrubbed this thing for months now trying to get that spot out...the tub was clean, but the rust spot in the depression never left.

*DING* IRON-X!

Hit the bottom of the tub with Iron-X. Let it sit for a little bit and then rinsed it away...clean in minutes. Wiped the tub out, IPA'd it and hit it with Poorboy's EX-P...and it's not slippery at all.

One thing I did notice though. In one small spot, the Iron-X turned from purple to greenish/yellow. I was hitting the tub hard with cleaners (bleach, Soft Scrub, etc.) prior to the Iron-X, so it's more than possible that I had remnants in there reacting with it. I've never seen that otherwise though.

Rencor
05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Clean up some very old S K Wayne wrenches my father left me when he passed. Did a pretty good job. It only took surface rust off though. These wrenches are probably 30+ years old.

embolism
05-23-2012, 02:23 PM
One thing I did notice though. In one small spot, the Iron-X turned from purple to greenish/yellow. I was hitting the tub hard with cleaners (bleach, Soft Scrub, etc.) prior to the Iron-X, so it's more than possible that I had remnants in there reacting with it. I've never seen that otherwise though.

IX turns wheel weights greenish yellow so maybe there is some lead in your tub...

brawl
05-24-2012, 03:19 AM
I thought I'll be reading "chemical weapon"