PDA

View Full Version : Marker Lamps

koibybrian
03-25-2007, 12:55 PM
My 2003 Seirra , marker lamps are hazing. I was thinking Diamondite. The problem is that the markers are only 2 1/4 surounded by grille. I was thinking using a cordless drill motor an a small pad where ever they might be. The only other choice is removing the markers and benching them any Ideas ?

Feed back please

Thanks!

Surfer
03-25-2007, 01:55 PM
You might not even need the whole Diamondite kit, I've used Meg's Plastic-X with great success.

crasiman
03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
3m makes some plastic polish that works GREAT. I've used it by hand many times on cars from the 80s that were neglected with great success.

koibybrian
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
You might not even need the whole Diamondite kit, I've used Meg's Plastic-X with great success.

What would You use to polish with and what? . Feed back please

koibybrian
03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
3m makes some plastic polish that works GREAT. I've used it by hand many times on cars from the 80s that were neglected with great success.

Please do you know which 3m an where to find it. I have had good luck with 3m in past. Markers are driving me nuts. No room anything bigger then a 2" tool.

koibybrian
03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Well tried Mothers Plastic . Not good for this. Sorry all I had in arsenal before AG.

crasiman
03-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Last time I've used the stuff was about 3-4 years ago, long before I learned about autogeek. In any case, I believe this is what I used: Clean, maintain and perfect them with 3M’s Plastic Polish. 3M Plastic Polish is step two of 3M’s plastic care system! (http://www.autogeek.net/3mplaspol.html)

It's very easy to use, and left my brake lights and side markers looking new.

Btw, I applied by hand using a small pad and wiped it off with a rag. The days I would probably tape off the paint surrounding the plastic and apply with an applicator pad, and then wipe off with a microfiber or a towel and following up with some plexus. Good luck