PDA

View Full Version : Wow... I didn't think it would turn out like this.

Dave'sDetails
05-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Well I figure I will make my first picture thread on here a good one. I had the oppurtunity to do a 2007 G6 vert for a client a while back. This person was looking to trade the car in and wanted it to look good. Well needless to say.... nevermind. I will let the pictures tell you all you need to know.

Process and products used:

CG citrus wash at paint prep ratio
Auto zone wash mitt with the little fingers on it. lol
Meg's WW drying towel with Meg's ultimate QD
Auto Magic MAGnificent Wheel Cleaner
Clay Magic (2 passes with blue)
Auto Magic Red Hot was used on engine and tires

Steps/Process was:
M105/wool/DeWalt Rotary
M105/Orange/Dewalt DA (Yes, this does work for paint correction, suprisingly)
Washed with CG CW again
M205/White/DeWalt DA
Auto Magic Swirl Eliminator/Black/DeWalt Rotary (Just for that extra bit of refinement)
Final wash with CG CW followed by IPA wipedown
Topping it off was simply a Meg's Gold Class Carnauba Plus followed by a final wipedown with Meg's Ultimate QD when the customer arrived.

Interior was also done. It was just as bad as the exterior. It was cleaned THOROUGHLY with Auto Magic Special Clean. Then wiped down again with Meg's Quick Interior Detailer for a layer of protection. Leather was cleaned with Special Clean and then Lexol Conditioner was applied. Floors were then hit with a good, strong cleaner and hot water extracted.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Sorry for the pic quality. They were done with my phone.

Detailchick
05-22-2012, 10:45 PM
looks good, would be cool to see more before pictures It looked pretty bad but came out good :)

Dave'sDetails
05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
This is the only other before picture I have unfortunately. This was while doing a test section with M105/LC Yellow/DeWalt DA after two passes. I just wasn't getting the correction I wanted, and you can see the amount of haze left behind. From now on, I will be sure to take more before pics. Haha sorry.

Dave'sDetails
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
And thank you for the kind words. It was well worth it when the guy came to pick his car up and saw how it turned out.

BigBrad
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Awesome job!!

Detailchick
05-22-2012, 11:38 PM
And thank you for the kind words. It was well worth it when the guy came to pick his car up and saw how it turned out.

haha no problem, did you use the the flat pads btw? I'm stuck on what pads to get for M105 since I only have wool for compounding... ?

AutowerxDetailing
05-22-2012, 11:40 PM
What the hell were they washing the car with, a Scotch-Brite sponge?

Nice save on the paint! Every time I see a thread like this I want to get a rotary even more.

Dave'sDetails
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Yes, just a standard flat pad was used. And Nicholas, rotaries can be nice if used properly. But they are much more difficult to finish down properly than da is.

davey g-force
05-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Great work! :xyxthumbs:

andrew b
05-23-2012, 09:27 AM
What the hell were they washing the car with, a Scotch-Brite sponge?

Nice save on the paint! Every time I see a thread like this I want to get a rotary even more.

Beat me to it, but I was going to say Brillo pads.