PDA

View Full Version : DG Quick Review

alban61
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
1999 Explorer was protected with 2 coats EX-P, and 1 coat PB Natty's wax, just before winter. Since today was in the mid to upper 40's* and no rain, it was time for another wash. Just did a quick wash last Saturday with DP 4-in-1. Since I received my package from AG http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/5008-just-got-my-package-ag.html I decided to try DG AW, and DG 201 (vinyl/leather dressing).

Wash: DP 4-in-1 w/ black Shmitt. 2 bucket method. Pre-sprayed DP 4-in-1 as QD on lower panels and bird poop! Black Shmitt did a great job of cleaning off the SUV. Didn't notice any marring. I checked, using the sun. Shmitt rinsed clean easily.

Drying: Used my fav Ultimate Guzzler.

Tires/Wheels: Sprayed QD and Greased Lightning APC on tires. Brown crap just flowed off the tires. Yuck!! Scrubbed with Meg's Versa brush. Rinsed and wiped tires dry. Used Greased Lightning also for wheels to get all the muck out of the grooves and holes. Dirt and grime cleaned easily out of those holes in the wheels. Used DG AW on the wheels. Used PB BnB diluted 1:1 on tires and wheel wells. Wiped off tires and used Armor-All Fierce Shine foam as last step.

Trim/Bumpers: Used DG 201 as suggested by Al-53. Sprayed on MF applicator pad, and wiped on trim, bumpers, and side mirror housing. Darkened the trim and left a satin-like finish. Now I'll have to check on durability. DG 201 smells like a light flowery perfume, but the smell does go away in a while.

LSP: DG AW with Cobra Jr MF. One spray on each half of hood, spread with MF, flipped MF and buffed off. One spray each per side panel, and door. AW brought out a nice shine. Can't wait to see the effect tomorrow, as everyone who tried it, says it looks best the next day! AW to me, smells like talcum powder. Went on easy, and came off easy, even in the sun!

I just took 1 picture, since it wasn't a full detail. I just did the exterior. Will mess with the interior next week, and try out my DP cleaners.

Thanks for looking.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/alban61/DQAW.jpg

ScottB
03-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice pic, but gotta ask, why are you washing/cleaning in a mud puddle ???

alban61
03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Nice pic, but gotta ask, why are you washing/cleaning in a mud puddle ???

LOL. Parking is kinda tight. I have to park with side wheels off the road to leave space for people to drive by. Gravel laid down has disappeared with the winter snow. Wasn't as bad till I washed the SUV and wheels. I never have to worry about slinging, from my Armor-All, just slinging from mud!! :( Since I won't be driving till the morning, it'll dry and chunk off. Will be going to Lowe's sometime soon to get some concrete pads/pavers to lay down, instead of gravel.

Nuke33
03-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Looks good!

sparkie
03-25-2007, 11:27 PM
alban61, you have one of the nicest looking Explorer I've seen.
Thanks for the review and awesome pic of your ride. I love that color, and it looks so deep.

alban61
03-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the compliments, Sparkie! Very much appreciated.
The car in the background is my son's. It's a 95 Accent with 120K+ miles on it. It's not in good shape, paint-wise. Still runs good. He doesn't wash it, and I don't have the time with 2 vehicles to do already (my wife's and mine). I'm going to be playing around with it, with my PC and XMT. See what life I can breathe back into it, late Spring. LOL Should be fun!

nick19
03-26-2007, 05:01 AM
Very nice alban!! :applause:

I noticed you read my topic on polishing, how well did it help?

-Nick :cheers:

alban61
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Very nice alban!! :applause:

I noticed you read my topic on polishing, how well did it help?

-Nick :cheers:
Thanks Nick,
I didn't do any polishing this time. Just a wash and AW. I'll be polishing later in the Spring and will definitely use your tips. :cheers:

klumzypinoy
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
THat Aquawax looks great :awesome: