PDA

View Full Version : SON1C Synopsis 5 - Chemical Guys - Innerclean

SON1C
05-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Being a part-time professional detailer, I needed a great cost effective product that provides UV protection, dust resistance and a factory finish, this search led me to find Innerclean by Chemical Guys.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2212_10434835
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/Drews%20Detailing/0a1c0f7c.jpg (awaiting testing)
This product is great, a little goes a long way with this stuff as most quality products. The smell is pineapple, which during application can be a little strong but after drying no real odor is left, which for me is a +. Overall it's a great product and does exactly what it is supposed to, if you're looking for a quality interior protectant that leaves a factory style finish then give this product a shot!
Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-interior-detailer.html)

WRAPT C5Z06
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
The only thing I don't like about this stuff is you can't use it on leather. I use DP Interior Protectant for this reason.

Gachrid
05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
The only thing I don't like about this stuff is you can't use it on leather. I use DP Interior Protectant for this reason.

I like InnerClean too. I use other products on the leather anyway so thats already covered. SON1C, have you used UISG? Wondering how this stacks up against that. Also was going to try OPC with 303 on top. Used any of this stuff?

OhTwoGT
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I have yet to try 303ap although i have a bottle sitting on my shelf. ive been reaching for 1z cockpit more and more with my interior. I think cockpit and innerclean are comparable though.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-23-2012, 11:09 AM
I like InnerClean too. I use other products on the leather anyway so thats already covered. SON1C, have you used UISG? Wondering how this stacks up against that. Also was going to try OPC with 303 on top. Used any of this stuff?
UISG can deal with much heavier soil than InnerClean. UISG does not leave any protection behind, it's strictly a cleaner, and a good one at that! It's pH neutral which is comforting. OPC is a great cleaner as well, but I'm hesitant to use any APC on interiors. A lot of people do use OPC to clean interiors, though.

SON1C
05-23-2012, 12:11 PM
It states it can be used on synthetic leather, however I have never tested it on leather and just use dedicated leather cleaning and conditioning products

I have not, but they're on my to get list, wish I could offer input

I have yet to try 303ap although i have a bottle sitting on my shelf. ive been reaching for 1z cockpit more and more with my interior. I think cockpit and innerclean are comparable though.
Yeah 303 is at the top of my to get list, what are you liking about 1z cockpit?

UISG can deal with much heavier soil than InnerClean. UISG does not leave any protection behind, it's strictly a cleaner, and a good one at that! It's pH neutral which is comforting. OPC is a great cleaner as well, but I'm hesitant to use any APC on interiors. A lot of people do use OPC to clean interiors, though.
try a small test spot on your own vehicle if you're worried :dunno:

WRAPT C5Z06
05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
It states it can be used on synthetic leather
I've never come across a car that has synthetic(fake) leather.

try a small test spot on your own vehicle if you're worried :dunno:
It's not just my car, it's other cars, too. UISG is the best, albeit, expensive!!!!

bigez
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I have some 303, but it has way too much shine for my taste and I've tried to tone it down some. Then again, my interior is black. I might try some Cockpit or Innerclean based on what I've read.

OhTwoGT
05-23-2012, 01:50 PM
I like the cleaning power of cockpit, its not too powerful where it has to be diluted but it really does a great job of cleaning everything in my interior and also protects it nicely giving it that "matte" look. But Innerclean seems to work about the same so they may go hand in hand.

shoeless89
05-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I've never come across a car that has synthetic(fake) leather.

I would say I come across just as many cars with imitation leather as real leather!

WRAPT C5Z06
05-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I would say I come across just as many cars with imitation leather as real leather!
Which manufacturers?

When you say real leather, are you referring to COATED real leather, UN-coated leather, or literally fake leather?

Bunky
05-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Which manufacturers?

When you say real leather, are you referring to COATED real leather, UN-coated leather, or literally fake leather?

On a typical cheap "leather" seat vehicle, the seating areas are usually coated leather but the rest is vinyl. I guess one can call that fake leather.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
On a typical cheap "leather" seat vehicle, the seating areas are usually coated leather but the rest is vinyl. I guess one can call that fake leather.
I'd just rather use a product that's safe for leather and vinyl. Takes away the guesswork.