PDA

View Full Version : What other products do you use with CG Black Light?

Grifftech
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I absolutely love my Blackfire Wet Diamond and Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax, would it e worth it to use the Black Light along with the BF products, and if so would you use BL or BFWD first?

Thanks,
Chris

wukin
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
To me bfwd and blacklight are very similar in slickness and gloss. The Only advantage from blacklight is short cure time which is 30 mins but bfwd you need to wait at least 8 hours before topping wax. I use CG xxx afterward tho.

silverfox
05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
If you love the Blackfire combo then stick with it. If you insist on trying BL then I would stay within the CG family... BL then Pete's 53 or 50/50, then V7.

SON1C
05-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Black light is an aio so it would have to be first, I'm currently using black light and v7, I like it, I like v7 much more than black light, I think it's over rated.

TimmyG
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Glossworkz Glaze -> BL -> V7

Webb
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
V7

Morphiusrt
05-22-2012, 06:01 PM
V7

Agree my fellow south shore detailer.

I also go BL, Pete's, V7 then wash and V7 every couple days and will look like you just waxed it. I use glossworks as my shampoo and V7 with my drying. I drove 1,100 miles in rain/dirt/bugs washed my car and dried with V7 and still looked perfect. I think I convinced about 10 people to buy V7 after they saw me use it.

Robert8194
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
To me bfwd and blacklight are very similar in slickness and gloss. The Only advantage from blacklight is short cure time which is 30 mins but bfwd you need to wait at least 8 hours before topping wax. I use CG xxx afterward tho.

It bought I read somewhere (on this forum) that with the poly superchargers, BFWD didn't need that long of a cure time. I don't remember how long I waited before I put Midnight Sun on my car but whatever it was worked. If Anyone has more information, would be great to know.

SON1C
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Glossworkz Glaze -> BL -> V7

double glazing and the second glaze has AIO properties?

how good are these products if you can use BFWDPS and achieve arguably the same visual results or better and 3 times the duration?

Keep in mind black light and v7 is currently on my vehicle and bfwdps is in my garage

Jpena315
05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Can u use something like opticoat after a glaze like black light or will it not bond properly?

sportscarhiatus
05-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Strongly disagree. I've used bf products, and they're garbage. The only advantage bfwd has over cg black light is slickness. Bfwd is dull and lifeless.

Cg blacklight and v7 is the best looking wettest looking combo,I've seen to date, and trust me, i have used a lot. Other black light and v7 users feel free to chime in here.

If you love the Blackfire combo then stick with it. If you insist on trying BL then I would stay within the CG family... BL then Pete's 53 or 50/50, then V7.

Agree

Black light is an aio so it would have to be first, I'm currently using black light and v7, I like it, I like v7 much more than black light, I think it's over rated.

Disagree. See my comments above.

Personally I don't see blacklight as an aio. For me, it literally is a sealant and glaze, as it's touted to be.

Can u use something like opticoat after a glaze like black light or will it not bond properly?

No. Opticoat is to be used on a freshly prepped and corrected surface...surface must be naked with no LSPs.

BuckeyeR/T
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I used BL for the first time this weekend. I was going to top it with a carnauba but I ran out of time. Honestly, I am shocked at how well it looks by itself. I have a Brilliant Black Jeep. It has a green flake in it and I have never (I had a BB 05 Dodge Magnum R/T prior to the Jeep) seen so many of the green flakes. I will still top it this weekend but wow, just wow.