PDA

View Full Version : Question on PB Bug Squash

Pages : [1] 2

BTLew81
05-22-2012, 11:05 AM
The more I have read, I think I am going to use this instead of the DG Bug remover. My plan is to dilute 3:1 in a spray bottle and use for my road trip clean ups. That being said, I do not always have access to or time to onr the car. If I use BS on it, can I then spray it down with ONR at QD strength and then do a second wipe down, or is it completely necessary to fully wash the car?

Thanks in advance!

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
05-22-2012, 02:02 PM
You do not need to wash the vehicle after getting the bugs off with BS just wipe it away and you will be fine.

Also at that dilution ratio you will not harm you LSP ;)

Flash Gordon
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't know what I would do without my Poorboys Bug Squash :(

Good stuff man!!! Safe on all finishes too!!! :)

wysiwyg
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
The more I have read, I think I am going to use this instead of the DG Bug remover. My plan is to dilute 3:1 in a spray bottle and use for my road trip clean ups. That being said, I do not always have access to or time to onr the car. If I use BS on it, can I then spray it down with ONR at QD strength and then do a second wipe down, or is it completely necessary to fully wash the car?

Thanks in advance!

I've had very good results using UWWP to remove bugs. I used it yesterday on the front of one of my vehicles which had a decent amount of bug remnants. I sprayed the area, let it sit for a couple of minutes and wiped off.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how effective UWWP has been at removing bugs. I have not used PB bug squash since I began using UWWP.

Since UWWP is a great waterless wash, the bug removal has been a bonus.

BTLew81
05-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks...great help Chris

maximus20895
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
What media do you use to rove the bugs?

Marre
05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
I always wipe the area down with WW after PB Bug Squash. Don't think I really need to though, just being fussy. Have not found anything that works as good Bug Squash. Especially when I have to let the front bumper go a couple of days without wiping the bugs off, in which case I carefully use WW before Bug Squash to get the dust off first.

Flash Gordon
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
What media do you use to rove the bugs?

I just use a regular mit. The stuff is that good!

BTW How do you rove a bug? Just wanna make sure I'm doing it right

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
I just use a regular mit. The stuff is that good!

BTW How do you rove a bug? Just wanna make sure I'm doing it right

Hahahah I was wondering too =p

And I use a Mesh Bug Micro towel either during washing or just with BS :dblthumb2:

Webb
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Is PB Bug Squash better than Tarminator ?

Flash Gordon
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Is PB Bug Squash better than Tarminator ?

For removing bugs? Absolutely!

bobble
05-22-2012, 05:34 PM
And Tarminator IMO removes the LSP if you use it too heavy. Not to mention the toxic smell of traminator.
If I'm just doing bug removal, I lightly wipe with an ONR solution after spraying the PB BS and you cannot even tell they were they. I often presoak areas with it on light colored vehicles.
I for one do not want to know how to rove a bug!

maximus20895
05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
I was on my phone :(

What dilution do you use?

KG21
05-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I was on my phone :(

What dilution do you use?

I use BS at 3:1 and bugs literally melt away. Great product for roving bugs without damaging your LSP.

Mazda.Mark
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
There was one guy on the AGO forums on bug splatter who says he uses a soaked dryer sheet? Im still on the fence to trying it.