PDA

View Full Version : Meg's APC Dilution Rates

Pages : [1] 2

Gachrid
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Is there a cart or info or something about dilution rates for Meg's APC? I have some locally I want to pick up and try but need to know how to dilute it. Looking to use it in wheel wells, underneath side skirts, carpet, engine degreaser, degreaser for cleaning exhaust area. Are they all different rates or will one be good for everything?

What else do you guys use it for? I plan in getting some UISG for all my other interior stuff when I finish some other stuff I have.

SR99
05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Do you mean the APC (green foaming stuff) or the orange APC+ (low foam)?

I've not used the green APC for engine degreasing since its product description says its intended mainly for interior applications, but the orange APC+ works great for engines. 4:1 for heavy caked grease is recommended but I keep engines clean (have never needed 4:1) and use weaker 8:1 which has worked well for me.

Both APC and APC+ are listed to be used over the range 4:1 through 10:1 depending on how much grunge you have.

RZJZA80
05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
10:1, but I don't even measure it anymore, I just go by how dark the color is and I know the strength of it

BobbyG
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
APC/APC+

APC+ is the better of the two for interior/extraction jobs on carpets, leather and upholstery as it is low foaming and has a more "friendly" scent.

Main uses: wheels, tires, engines, interior surfaces and upholstery, exterior trim...

4:1 for heavy duty cleaning
10:1 for light duty cleaning

Super Degreaser

Main uses: tires, engines...

Ratio - 4:1 for heavy duty degreasing
Ratio - 10:1 for light duty degreasing

Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Main uses: windows...

Ratio - 10:1

Wheel Brightener

Main uses: clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels...

Ratio - 4:1

Last Touch

Main uses: spray and wipe detailer, clay lubricant...

Ready to Use for QD'ing

Ratio - 1:1 for claying

Hyper Dressing

Main uses: exterior trim, tires, engines, wheel wells, interior surfaces...

Ratio - 1:1 for high gloss
Ratio - 2:1 for medium gloss
Ratio - 3:1 for satin finish
Ratio - 4:1 for natural finish

Water Based Dressing

Main uses: exterior trim, tires, engines, wheel wells, interior surfaces...

Ready to use for high gloss

Ratio - 1:1 for natural finish

Hyper Wash

Main uses: vehicle paint...

Ratio - 400:1

Optimum Power Clean

Remove bugs, brake dust, and oily grime when using Power Clean full strength. Dilute it to clean leather, vinyl, and plastics.

Ratio - 3:1

Mazda.Mark
05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
BobbyG FTW!!!!

Mike Phillips
05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
If you're using the Meguiar's OSHA approved secondary bottles, it can be kind of confusing on how to mix the proper dilutions. Here's an article I wrote back in 2008 with pictures to show you how. It's on MOL and I'll try to create an updated thread for AGO

How to properly dilute Meguiar's Detailer Line products (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27028)

Photos courtesy of MeguiarsOnline
(And pics I took myself) :D
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/649/SB005.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
05-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Great visual Mike and you'd be surprised how many don't realize that that line equals 32 ounces....:props:

Gachrid
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Bobby thanks a lot. Just what I needed. Mike, I just have Sep bottles from HD. Any advice on measuring correctly with those?

maximus20895
05-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't think that line is 32 oz. I thought it was like 26 or something, but the bottle itself would carry a total of 32 oz.

I like how you colored the names of the product with the color of the bottles lol.

SR99
05-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, the "line" formed in the plastic bottle is about 28 oz. The 10:1 line on the label is at 25 oz. 10:1 would be 25 oz water to 2.5 oz (5 tablespoons) product, which actually puts it slightly below the line in the plastic. Filling with product to the line is closer to 8:1.

Mike Phillips
05-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Bobby thanks a lot. Just what I needed. Mike, I just have Sep bottles from HD. Any advice on measuring correctly with those?

No but it's just a matter of doing the math...

Yes, the "line" formed in the plastic bottle is about 28 oz. The 10:1 line on the label is at 25 oz. 10:1 would be 25 oz water to 2.5 oz (5 tablespoons) product, which actually puts it slightly below the line in the plastic. Filling with product to the line is closer to 8:1.

The gentleman in the pictures in my original article for the thread I linked to above is Mike Pennington, a good friend and the Director of Training for Meguiar's and I'm confident that the information presented in my article is in fact accurate for those bottles and Meguiar's products. Before introducing the OSHA approved secondary bottles with the dilution levels imprinted in the label the directions for mixing the different dilutions levels would have been confirmed accurate and approved by management before production.

:)

SR99
05-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks Mike. I wasn't actually referring to your paper but the post above mine. In any case I guess it's possible my measuring cups are not accurate since everything you said makes sense and I did not know the bottles actually met a standard.

Mike Phillips
05-22-2012, 02:18 PM
I did not know the bottles actually met a standard.

Just to note, I originally wrote the article BECAUSE there was so much confusion as to how to fill the bottle. Even I was surprised when I found out about filling to the line around the shoulder of the bottle because like most people it's a natural instinct to want to fill the bottle to the top.

:xyxthumbs:

SON1C
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Just finished filling mine 5 minutes ago, apc+ 10:1 reviews to come :xyxthumbs:

dad07
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Enviro-One Dilution Calculator (http://www.enviro-one.com/calculator.asp) <--------- this will help !