PDA

View Full Version : What pressure washer do you recommend?

Grifftech
05-22-2012, 10:06 AM
I am torn, I can't decide between a Karcher Electric or a decent Gas one with a Honda engine. I want to make sure I have enough PSI so I can do stuff around the house with it, but don't want it so powerful I rip the paint off the car :)

Also I am concerned on reliability between electric and gas.

Thanks,
Chris

CaneCharger
05-22-2012, 10:08 AM
I love my Karcher electric!

Grifftech
05-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I love my Karcher electric!

Does it have enough umph for cleaning say a deck, or fence to prep for staining. What about cleaning vinyl siding?

I heard there are some issues with finding fittings to make it fit with the pressure foam wands on here?

Thanks,
Chris

loudog2
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I love my troybuilt w/a honda engine. Strong enough for the house and light enough for car use. 2550psi with 4 tips.

CaneCharger
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it does have enough umph, but again, I bought it for washing my cars. I have had no problems with the machine - I think it is awesome. But to do what you want it to do, you might want to get something bigger - but I do not know how it will be washing your cars.

Cman8
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I think most gas pressure washers are safe for your car, if you use the right tips, and techniques. I use my work LANDA diesel powered heated pressure washer sometimes in the winter and my cars are fine. But if you use the wrong tip and are careless you could strip the paint pretty easy, even with an electric one. At home I use a harbor freight electric one and it is money for the cars and I have cleaned my garage floor with it with no problems.

Jomax
05-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Samsclub or costco have a nice gas washer with a honda motor for a good price. 2700psi and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Grifftech
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Just picked up a Troy-Bilt 3000 PSI Gas PW with a Honda Engine so will be trying it out tonight. Need to look at a Foam Lance now for it :)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I have a Camspray 1500a and have used it with much delight for several years for detailing as well as cleaning my deck and siding

truckbutt
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
If you use a pressure washer with any kind of force, you risk forcing the dirt into the paint. So why is a pressure washer with a low pressure tip any better then a hose with a good nozzle? I have a Troy Bilt with a Honda engine and I don't touch my cars with it. My driveway yes, my cars no.

oldmodman
05-22-2012, 01:49 PM
The best response so far is the one suggesting buying it at Costco.

Best possible solution since almost all electric washers will fail and Costco will give you a refund and you can walk over and buy another. Just make sure that you save the box, all paperwork, and the receipt.

TimmyG
05-22-2012, 02:32 PM
I love my troybuilt w/a honda engine. Strong enough for the house and light enough for car use. 2550psi with 4 tips.

+1

I'm using a 2200psi husky pressure washer. The fact that it can be used to clean the house, garage, driveway, patio, cars, etc was a huge bonus. All of my neighbors have electric pressure washers and they're all starting to borrow my husky!

hondacare
05-23-2012, 05:09 AM
If you use a pressure washer with any kind of force, you risk forcing the dirt into the paint. So why is a pressure washer with a low pressure tip any better then a hose with a good nozzle? I have a Troy Bilt with a Honda engine and I don't touch my cars with it. My driveway yes, my cars no.

The hose pipe is enough for me too. My house and deck needs that extra power.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online