PDA

View Full Version : CG Blacklight/5050/V7 or Prima Amigo/BG/Hydro?

Vdub
05-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Which combo do you guys think would be better? I'm almost certain that the CG products would have way more durability, but how about in the looks department?

I pretty much exclusively use Chemical Guys products on my paint and customer's cars, and I don't really have any experience with Prima products. From what I see in different forums, people love Prima's line and I might just pick up a few products and try them. I just need to be sold on them before I decide to buy. (Keep in mind, 5050 may be switched out with Pete's or Banana Gloss may be switched out with Epic, depending what you feel is better).

silverfox
05-22-2012, 04:54 AM
The CG combo you listed is lights out my friend.

Lost Highway
05-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Personally. I'm not a huge CG fan but their glazes are good as is 50/50 wax. I haven't tried V7.
On the Prima side Amigo is excellent, easily the equal of the CG glazes. I think it may offer a little more cleaning. Banana Gloss is easy to apply and looks good but not not very durable. I would pick Epic over BG which should give you comparable durability to the CG product mix. Hydro spray wax is my first choice as a drying agent. It looks great but it is a beauty product more than a durability enhancer. I have not tried Hydro Wash and Hydro Seal but I hear very good things about them. You might want to look into that option too. Hydro Seal can be used over Amigo and topped with Hydro spray wax/drying agent. Prima Slick is a great QD.