PDA

View Full Version : Dg 105

Fog Runner
03-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I have been following along with many of the threads lately on the DG 105 and have seen nothing but good remarks, especially on white vehicles. After all the good that I have seen I need to get some 105 to try for myself, but have a question for the pro's. When you all are using the DG 105 are you also using the PBA with it to enhance the bonding, or can you just apply the 105 by itself and if so is it still as durable? Also, it is ok to layer the DG105, even with its light cleaning capabilities as long ast you do it by hand correct?

FR

Whitethunder46
03-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I have been following along with many of the threads lately on the DG 105 and have seen nothing but good remarks, especially on white vehicles. After all the good that I have seen I need to get some 105 to try for myself, but have a question for the pro's. When you all are using the DG 105 are you also using the PBA with it to enhance the bonding, or can you just apply the 105 by itself and if so is it still as durable? Also, it is ok to layer the DG105, even with its light cleaning capabilities as long ast you do it by hand correct?

FR

I've never used any bonding agent. The pic below is DG105 after 2 1/2 months with NO washings or any kind of maintenace. I applied DG105 by hand directly after polishing with XMT3:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554425.jpg

sparkie
03-24-2007, 10:54 PM
You can use 101 or AIO and top it with 105. Or after you polish use alcohol/water wipe down and use 105, its better to use PBA then alcohol/water. Yes you can layer 105 always wait 12 to 24 hours before putting another coat of 105.

Jimmie
03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
I've never used any bonding agent. The pic below is DG105 after 2 1/2 months with NO washings or any kind of maintenace. I applied DG105 by hand directly after polishing with XMT3:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554425.jpg

That is a cool picture.
I love DG105 and almost always top with AW.

supercharged
03-25-2007, 02:47 AM

FR
PBA will increase it's durability. Good stuff for winter protection!

ScottB
03-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Duragloss makes some nice sealants, they mimic one of the best almost exactly. That said they are alot cheaper, sold in bulk, and work well without need to mixing. Some of the best products are hidden in the line. Odor-Eliminator. Car Wash. Wheel Cleaner for Aluminum. 921 Quick Detailer are amongst some of the offerings.

Duragloss Car Care Appearance products The Wet Look (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss.html)

Al-53
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Fog Runner...there are a few ways to do it....

If you polish and want to apply over the polish..use the PBA...some polishes have lube oils in them and can hinder a good bond...Megs is one of the few that you can apply a sealant over without a issue...Do not ask me why..as when I talked to te chemist on bonding issues..he said Megs polishes will not interfere with the bonding and no need to do a wipe down...

second way is using either DG 101 or any other AIO type product...Klasse AIO..Optimum Poly-Seal....Poorboys PwS..they work great as a base and 105 bonds great to them...

The PBA does help it cure a bit faster..hardens the shell faster...and is claimed to increase durability..but I do my truck twice a year and I know using with out the PBA I got 6 months of winter time on it and still looks great and beads like I just did it...

Al

Fog Runner
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys, this place is great, the wealth of knowledge is amazing. I will be placing an order tonight. I was already planning on getting the PB PwS, so I will just use that and follow that with the DG105 without the PBA.

FR