PDA

View Full Version : Review: Edge Schmitt

Bigfoot
03-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I finally was able to try this mitt today, and here's my little review:

Product: Edge White/Yellow Schmitt
First Impression: I felt it right after I took it out of the bag, and I have to admit, that not even sheepskin is as smooth as this stuff.
Hand fitting: In my case, I have a big hand, so I could abrely fit my hands past my knuckles through it.
Design: Very interesting... Has the same design as the Edge wave Pads, with a yellow foam "scrubber" on the other side of the mitt. Didn't try the yellow side today. No need for it.
Method of use: I used ONR 3 capfuls with 3 gallons of water and the grid guard. 1 bucket method.
Impressions during usage: I'm not sure if it was me, but first few passes the mitt felt like it was dragging somewhat heavy. Didn't noticed after 5 minutes of usage.
Final Impression: No maring at all as other users have stated. Worked fine for me, even when the test car was medium dirty.
Conclusion: Great! Highly encouraged to everybody! Novices to pro's, this is THE way to go!

Thanks Aaron and your company for such a great product! Looking forward for the wheel schmitt which I'll buy soon!:righton:

Joey:cheers:

alban61
03-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the review, Joey! I love my Edge Wash Shmitt too! I use DP 4-in-1 with mine. I'll be using my black Wheel Shmitt tomorrow to wash my SUV. Trying the Justin method!:D

qadsan
03-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I like my Shmitt's, but all the ones I've used so far are tearing where my hand goes in and then they fit sloppy loose on my hand :(

They're all tearing in the same spot in the foam on the left side just below where they're bonded together. My oldest son also has this problem. He had large hands like me, but they work great for my wife and my youngest son.

sparkie
03-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I love my ShMITT, going to order another one. Great review!:applause:

supercharged
03-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Great review! I love my Shmitt too. I mainly use all white Shmitt on my car and white/yellow on family vehicles.

alban61
03-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I like my Shmitt's, but all the ones I've used so far are tearing where my hand goes in and then they fit sloppy loose on my hand :(

They're all tearing in the same spot in the foam on the left side just below where they're bonded together. My oldest son also has this problem. He had large hands like me, but they work great for my wife and my youngest son.

My white/yellow wash Shmitt has the same problem. But the tear hasn't spread out even more......yet!! Wonder if super glue would help seal that tear......kinda like when you use super glue to help seal cracked/split flesh due to winter dryness. Stops it from splitting even more. Heals faster.

Nuke33
03-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Good review i have one too have not gotten a chance to use it yet, but my hands are to big too.

dengood1
03-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the review, Joey! I love my Edge Wash Shmitt too! I use DP 4-in-1 with mine. I'll be using my black Wheel Shmitt tomorrow to wash my SUV. Trying the Justin method!:D

Well, how did you like the black shmitt as your wash mitt? I find it easier to use than the yellow/white one. Let us know your thoughts....

alban61
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, how did you like the black shmitt as your wash mitt? I find it easier to use than the yellow/white one. Let us know your thoughts....

You're right. The black Shmitt seemed to glide over the paint much easier and smoother. It did better in removing dirt on the lower panels with fewer passes. I used it with DP 4n1. Also it was more flexible and fit my hand better. Didn't start to tear like the white/yellow Shmitt. I'll use the white/yellow when my SUV isn't too dirty. With more dirt, I'll use the Black. I don't use it on my wheels. I have brushes for that.

HighEndDetail
03-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the review, I will be ordering mine this week, along with some other goodies

davet
03-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I am still deciding wether to get one or not.But after all the reviews about them it's getting harder not to just bite the bullet and buy some.

Dave

dengood1
03-26-2007, 05:16 AM
You're right. The black Shmitt seemed to glide over the paint much easier and smoother. It did better in removing dirt on the lower panels with fewer passes. I used it with DP 4n1. Also it was more flexible and fit my hand better. Didn't start to tear like the white/yellow Shmitt. I'll use the white/yellow when my SUV isn't too dirty. With more dirt, I'll use the Black. I don't use it on my wheels. I have brushes for that.

I don't even put my hand in them, just hold it like a regular sponge or mitt without putting it on. The black seems to be easier to hold like that too.

klumzypinoy
03-26-2007, 06:31 PM
It's a great washing tool. Mine's tearing as well on the opening where the glue is, but it's not tearing anymore as far as I can tell. Sometimes I hold it, but most of the time I put my hand in it.

Truls
03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
ShMitt RULES

bambo2888
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Great product, great little review.