PDA

View Full Version : Opticoat Spray Technique

Pages : [1] 2

Robert8194
05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
If you use the finger spray bottle method for applying Opticoat 2.0, I know you can pull any remainder back into the syringe. But, how do you clean the sprayer so it can be used again.
Thanks

Rsurfer
05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Fill the empty bottle with 50/50 alcohol and water. Shake and spray a few times, rinse and your good to go till the next application.
If you use the finger spray bottle method for applying Opticoat 2.0, I know you can pull any remainder back into the syringe. But, how do you clean the sprayer so it can be used again.
Thanks

Mobile detail
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Seems like you would waste a lot of product by both spraying it and by having to clean out the sprayer. Why do you apply it this way?

Chris Thomas
05-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Transfer the remaining Opti Coat back into the syringe for storage
Fill bottle with hot water
Spray several pumps through pump to purge nozzle
Remove nozzle, bottle, and pickup tube
Wash all parts with soap and water, rinse, and allow to air dry
Reassemble and resuse

Chris Thomas
05-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Seems like you would waste a lot of product by both spraying it and by having to clean out the sprayer. Why do you apply it this way?

It's a finger pump sprayer, not an airbrush. It makes applying even amounts to the pad very easy and efficient...like using Opti Seal. I use less product this way and get a more even application because the pumps are metered...unlike pressing the plunger.

Jomax
05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
It's a finger pump sprayer, not an airbrush. It makes applying even amounts to the pad very easy and efficient...like using Opti Seal. I use less product this way and get a more even application because the pumps are metered...unlike pressing the plunger.

Sounds like a sweet idea!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Robert8194
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Reassemble and resuse

Thanks Chris. I knew there had to be a way other than throwing them away.

Robert8194
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Fill the empty bottle with 50/50 alcohol and water. Shake and spray a few times, rinse and your good to go till the next application.

Thanks. Sounds simple enough.

bmwgeek
05-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I have some opti coat 2.0 and will try it soon. Do I just twist the black cap off and replace it with the blue to get it flowing? Then replace with the black to store it for next use?

The container also says destroy after single use what does that mean?

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/opti-coat-1.jpg

Setec Astronomy
05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I have some opti coat 2.0 and will try it soon. Do I just twist the black cap off and replace it with the blue to get it flowing? Then replace with the black to store it for next use?

The container also says destroy after single use what does that mean?

Yes, that's correct. Also try to minimize the air in the syringe when you cap it (without spouting a geyser out--ask me how I know). The "destroy after use" means don't refill the syringe with something else after you use up the Opti-Coat.

Rsurfer
05-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Let it gravity feed your applicator.

mcochris
05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
It's a finger pump sprayer, not an airbrush. It makes applying even amounts to the pad very easy and efficient
Why not sell it in a small sprayer if it's easier to apply that way?

Old Tiger
05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Reassemble and resuse

... or buy 36 for less than $.60 each and chuck it! I am a lazy old coot!

Old Tiger
05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I 100% agree on all counts! It is the only way to go!

Chris Thomas
05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Why not sell it in a small sprayer if it's easier to apply that way?

You can only use sprayers to apply it, then the remaining portion must be stored in the syringe. Exposing it to mosture in air over time will cause it to start reacting and you will find your product hardened and useless after a few weeks. We don't sell the sprayers because they are readily available very cheap from Walmart and other retailers. I get mine from Walmart, in the area where the travel sized toiletries are located for less than $1 each.