PDA

View Full Version : Forum use with AG APP on an iPad

Spiney
05-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I use the forum almost exclusively on my iPad and iPhone using the AG App. The issue I have is when writing a posting the text goes underneath the keyboard and I can't see what I'm writing. I try scrolling it up and it doesn't matter, it just drops back down. And it doesn't matter if I go portrait or landscape, same issue. Anyone else experience this. Is there a fix besides writing shorter posts? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

maximus20895
05-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Why not just buy tapatalk?

cleanmycorolla
05-21-2012, 12:13 AM
If you're on your iPad why not just go use safari and access the entire site? I do this all the time and save using the app for just my iPhone. The site works great in safari on the iPad. I always post to the forums, purchase from the store on my iPad.

Spiney
05-21-2012, 12:26 AM
I have Tapatalk, so I'll try that. And I'll try using Safari direct. The fonts are easier to read with the App. But that's also the reason the text is running under the keyboard. Thanks.

swanicyouth
05-21-2012, 01:57 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about and have a fix. Type a few lines, then hit "return" a bunch of times. This gives you a ton of space at the bottom, after hitting "return", bring your curser back to where you where typing. Then, after each line you type, the "return" empty space will continue to move down one line as you type the next line. This will fix your problem of running into the on screen keyboard, as now the empty "return" space will be under the keyboard, and it will allow you to scroll up when you get close to it. When your done typing, just delete your "return" space. It works really well, it may seem like extra work reading this, but if you try it you will see it is so simple and takes only a half second to do. I'm on an I Phone with the AG app most of the time.

EPA7
05-21-2012, 03:12 AM
The app does not work well for an iPad. I assume it works better on an iPhone. Safari works well, however.

On a related note, while Mike Phillips' book is very good, the digital rights management for the iPad is a pain (took several attempts to open and requires a password every time it's opened). Buy the paper version.

Infinitiman
05-21-2012, 07:01 PM
If you're on your iPad why not just go use safari and access the entire site? I do this all the time and save using the app for just my iPhone. The site works great in safari on the iPad. I always post to the forums, purchase from the store on my iPad.

+1

Beavis
05-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I got it for my android and I love it..

CaneCharger
05-21-2012, 08:09 PM

This is what I do...:iagree:

Spiney
05-21-2012, 09:38 PM
The app does not work well for an iPad. I assume it works better on an iPhone. Safari works well, however.

On a related note, while Mike Phillips' book is very good, the digital rights management for the iPad is a pain (took several attempts to open and requires a password every time it's opened). Buy the paper version.

It does seem to run better on the iPhone. Not sure why, same IOS. I have no problem with Mike's book, other than always having to enter my email. Small price to pay. I get Hot Rod, Car Craft, and several others direct digital. I got an offer of just $5 per magazine, couldn't pass that up. When I got to car shows or last week I had to sit in the ER for 7 hours I've got great reading material all in one place.

Spiney
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about and have a fix. Type a few lines, then hit "return" a bunch of times. This gives you a ton of space at the bottom, after hitting "return", bring your curser back to where you where typing. Then, after each line you type, the "return" empty space will continue to move down one line as you type the next line. This will fix your problem of running into the on screen keyboard, as now the empty "return" space will be under the keyboard, and it will allow you to scroll

Thanks, this works great!