Pages : [1] 2

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 05:47 PM
is this product any good?

anyone have any experience with it?

thanks!

nick19
03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
A decent product if you want to do it by hand. It takes several applications per panel and takes lots of time.

Better off with a PC and some polish.

BILL
03-24-2007, 05:55 PM
A decent product if you want to do it by hand. It takes several applications per panel and takes lots of time.

Better off with a PC and some polish.

AGREE........It ok:)

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 06:29 PM
but in the long run if your a person that wants to keep the scratches away would this be a more practical approach to polishing so that you dont quickly eat up the clear coat?

i can easily polish with a buffer but i just want to know if this is a good secondary method between polishing with the buffer...as to keep the intergrity of the clear coat?

thanks!

BILL
03-24-2007, 06:32 PM
but in the long run if your a person that wants to keep the scratches away would this be a more practical approach to polishing so that you dont quickly eat up the clear coat?

i can easily polish with a buffer but i just want to know if this is a good secondary method between polishing with the buffer...as to keep the intergrity of the clear coat?

thanks!

yes! i use it as a secondary, on small new scatches:)

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 06:35 PM
but can i got over the entire car with this say like once a month with no ill effects on my cc and then twice a year maybe polish the car?

would this be ok?

BILL
03-24-2007, 06:43 PM
but can i got over the entire car with this say like once a month with no ill effects on my cc and then twice a year maybe polish the car?

would this be ok?

Go over the whole car with SCRATCH X?? thats a lot of work in my eyes,

why not use a dedicated swirl remover?? and buff, then polish

why scratch X ?? I really don't think it's for the whole car...but for small discrepancies, besides that Scatch X is pretty abrasive.

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 06:45 PM

(do you mean like a swirl remover applyed by hand? or actually using a buffer to polish?)

nick19
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
If you properly use Scratch-X it will take you 6+ hours depending on the car/truck.

Have you felt Scratch-X? It's pretty abrasive, you can feel the "sand particles" in the product.

You would be MUCH better off getting a PC, and one of these products.

XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1 by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-ultra-fine-swirl.html)

Poorboys Polish with Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-sealant.html)

At the first sign of swirls, light scratches, and oxidation, use Poorboy’s Light Abrasive Super Swirl Remover in the pink lotion. (http://www.autogeek.net/pblsr16.html)

Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover cleans and polishes auto paint to a smooth shine! Remove swirl marks and water spots with Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover Car (http://www.autogeek.net/meg9swirrem.html)

Meguiars #80 Professional Speed Glaze is a gentle car polish that removes swirl marks & paint oxidation. Use Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze with your (http://www.autogeek.net/mg80.html)

And a light polishing pad.

I use Meg's #80 or #9 about once every two months or so. But will probably be switching to FPII.

BILL
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM

(do you mean like a swirl remover applyed by hand? or actually using a buffer to polish?)

Yes! a swirl remover, if you have a buffer with the correct pad?? go for it, then polish by buffer and hand wax or seal, better than by hand with SCATCH X, how bad is the car??;)

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 06:55 PM
my car is 3 months old and in great shape...its getting warmer out and tomorrow looks to be a pretty good day so i was going to detail the exterior...

my plans were wash, clay bar, paint cleaner, scratch/swirl remover, polish, and wax...

i overly wash my car (like twice a week) so i have minor scratches from washing and drying...

i figured tomorrow would be a perfect day to do this...i was going to use a buffer that i have at work but i was suggested to only use a buffer/polisher on my car at most twice a year as to keep the integrity of the cc...so i am looking for a way to do all of these steps by hand...

nick19
03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
my car is 3 months old and in great shape...its getting warmer out and tomorrow looks to be a pretty good day so i was going to detail the exterior...

my plans were wash, clay bar, paint cleaner, scratch/swirl remover, polish, and wax...

i overly wash my car (like twice a week) so i have minor scratches from washing and drying...

i figured tomorrow would be a perfect day to do this...i was going to use a buffer that i have at work but i was suggested to only use a buffer/polisher on my car at most twice a year as to keep the integrity of the cc...so i am looking for a way to do all of these steps by hand...
Check out my reply on the previos page.

What paint cleaner, and scratch/swirl remover are you going to use? When you polish, polishing is considered correcting the paint.

So it would look like this

wash>clay>paint cleaner>polish>(seal?)>wax

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
out in the garage i have...

Deep Crystal® System Paint cleaner, Deep Crystal® system Polish , and then the NXT wax...

so i was planning on...

wash>paint cleaner>scratchX>polish>wax...something like that

i will easily polish my car but i was told not to do it more then twice a year...

nick19
03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
out in the garage i have...

Deep CrystalŽ System Paint cleaner, Deep CrystalŽ system Polish , and then the NXT wax...

so i was planning on...

wash>paint cleaner>scratchX>polish>wax...something like that

i will easily polish my car but i was told not to do it more then twice a year...

You can polish more than that, but it all depends on what your dealing with, the strength of your CC, and what polish/pads you use.

You would be better off getting Meg's ColorX. And skip the polishing part until you pick up a PC. You will thank me. Scratch-X by hand is the hardest thing I've done by hand.

wash>colorx>wax

KJW Detailing
03-24-2007, 07:29 PM
really thats it? what are the benefits of the colorX? is it applied by hand?

i have an 07' honda civic...not sure if that helps as far as the cc goes...

i definetly plan on picking up better products but i have to get some money saved up first and although i think the PC is a great product i dont think i will get one b/c it seems to be way to slow for me since i am very comfortable with a rotary...

if i use the rotary to polish/minor swirls should i use a green pad (light cut and polish) or just a blue pad (polish)...