PDA

View Full Version : Best Foam Cannon?

swanicyouth
05-19-2012, 09:33 PM
What foam cannon is everyone using. I'm thinking of getting either the AG one or the MTM Hydro.
1. What do you have?
2. PSI & GPM of your pressure washer?
3. Are you happy with it?

Is the AG just a re-branded MTM Hydro?

** Thanks for the input.

alko
05-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Not sure if the AG one is rebranded, but I've seen foam cannons branded under several different vendors, even across the pond in the UK. They all look the same to me. I can't speak for the different brands, but the MTM hydro lance is fantastic. I absolutely love the MTM hydro lance...ESPECIALLY with some Maxi Suds II. Man that shampoo works FANTASTIC with the hydro lance. I hope to get some pics soon. I am using a Homelite with a Subaru engine, 2700 PSI, 2.4 GPM.

Webb
05-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I got the MTM Hydro from Amazon,very nice.

poweraid
05-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I only had one time u was able to use my setup so far . I was well pleased . def need to do some more plinkin around with soaps and amounts . I used a mtm with a electric - greenworks p.w from lowes . 1700psi and 1.4 gpm with optimum car wash soap .

swanicyouth
05-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks all. I've heard mixed things about the MTM and hardly any feedback on the AG model. I'm just a little leery on what's best as my pressure washer is 1600psi and 1.3 GPM electric. I was wondering if the AG offered any advantage to justify the price. Right now I'm using the Karcher Foamer which offers little dwell time for the soap to work. Also, the bottle is ridiculously tiny.

A-train
05-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I got another mtm hydro after I traded the one I had for a tornador. It's exceptional! You can go wrong with it. It seems the only difference between the mtm hydro and the AG ones is a sticker on the bottle IMHO. You will be fine with your current pressure washer. I've run it off electrics that size up to 2700 psi gas operated.

Webb
05-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah the only difference is the sticker on the bottle and 60 bucks more.

LSUFAN
05-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes there is a difference with. The autogeek cannon u can us it to rinse the vehicle off before an after foaming. I have the MTM one after a recent trade for my tornador an that's the only down side is u have to change from the cannon to a tip to rinse the vehicle off.