PDA

View Full Version : ONR dilution for cleaning door jambs

Pages : [1] 2

spardavr4
05-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Just got a bottle of ONR a few days ago. I was wondering what a good dilution would be for cleaning the door jambs, under the hood, and around the trunk.

I just diluted a cap and a half of ONR in 32 oz of distilled water. I don't have access to measuring cups at the moment.

Thanks!:xyxthumbs:

Chris Thomas
05-19-2012, 08:51 PM
QD dilution will do well. It's 8oz per gallon.

Klasse Act
05-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I'd go with the ratio for quick detailer which is what, 8 oz to a gallon of water, I'd think that would be enough unless your jams get a little "funkier", then I'd add another 2 oz of ONR. Your going to love ONR, its an amazing product for sure, made a believer out of me after one wash at the end of winter on a salt encrusted CR-Z out in the parking lot on a 40 degree winter day....GAME OVER!

spardavr4
05-19-2012, 09:04 PM
I'd go with the ratio for quick detailer which is what, 8 oz to a gallon of water, I'd think that would be enough unless your jams get a little "funkier", then I'd add another 2 oz of ONR. Your going to love ONR, its an amazing product for sure, made a believer out of me after one wash at the end of winter on a salt encrusted CR-Z out in the parking lot on a 40 degree winter day....GAME OVER!

2 more ounces perfect! Thanks!

Is a cap of the ONR equivalent to an ounce?

swanicyouth
05-19-2012, 09:12 PM
3 caps of the tall round bottle equals 2 ounces if I recall.

Chris Thomas
05-19-2012, 10:08 PM
3 caps of the tall round bottle equals 2 ounces if I recall.

The quart cap is approximately .5oz so you'd need 4 capfuls per quart.

Rsurfer
05-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't think ONR is strong enough to clean door jams, especially deep near the hinges. Optimum Power Clean would be a better choice.

faulksy
05-19-2012, 11:04 PM
I believe ONR would be fine for maintaining clean door jams. A waterless wash would be better. When I do my 3-6 month wax application I clean the door jams with OPC. Then just use waterless wash like OCC or HD Free

rwright
05-19-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't think ONR is strong enough to clean door jams, especially deep near the hinges. Optimum Power Clean would be a better choice.

:iagree: Exactly what I do, followed by a quick wipe of ONR to remove residue and finally being treated with Optimum Car Wax or Opti-Seal.

spardavr4
05-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the help all!

My car has less than 150 miles on it, so my door jambs are pretty clean already. Just wanted something to spray them down during each car wash to keep them in tip top shape.

BillyJack
05-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Do yourself a favor and stop at a dollar store for a $1 pack of measuring spoons. It will be the best dollar you ever spent for detail supplies!

Bill

Rsurfer
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Get some Aqua Wax to protect your door jams and makes for easy cleaning.
Thanks for the help all!

My car has less than 150 miles on it, so my door jambs are pretty clean already. Just wanted something to spray them down during each car wash to keep them in tip top shape.

davidc
05-20-2012, 06:02 PM
I just washed the daughters twilight blue car with Duragloss no rinse with aqua wax. This stuff is great. I have a gallon and a 1/2 of ONR and I should have used it first because the Duragloss has become my favorite now.

Dave

spardavr4
05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Get some Aqua Wax to protect your door jams and makes for easy cleaning.

Thanks, I'll pass though. Sticking with ONR for door jambs and CG V7 for outside :)

I have too many products as it is!

Rsurfer
05-20-2012, 08:38 PM
If you don't try new products you won't know what works best.
Thanks, I'll pass though. Sticking with ONR for door jambs and CG V7 for outside :)

I have too many products as it is!