PDA

View Full Version : wax selection help

Pages : [1] 2

spitshine1
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I have a car silver in color.
Unfornuatlely its outside all day.
Can you recommend a wax that i can put on in the sun and also haa uv protection.
How often should i be waxing the car with these conditions.
Thanks!

FUNX650
05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I have a car silver in color.
Unfornuatlely its outside all day.
Can you recommend a wax that i can put on in the sun and also haa uv protection.
How often should i be waxing the car with these conditions.
Thanks!

-Some folks may have other suggestions, but, if you can, find some shade---anywhere.
It'll make: "The applying/removal of the wax processes", to vehicles, a more enjoyable experience that you surely will appreciate..

-Since Waxes have the shortest life-span of LSP's...Every 4-6 weeks is a good timetable for refreshening.
Also...Depends on:
"How many times a vehicle's panel surfaces are touched" ~ Mike Phillips...(And with what, I would like to add, if I may take the liberty to do so.),

-In the shade, my forum friend; and, when panel surfaces' temperatures are: Warm to the touch; then...
Go with M#26, Collinite #845, 3M Show Car Wax, P21S/S100 Waxes.

-Just a couple of suggestions.

:)

Bob

kline39
05-19-2012, 03:46 PM
generally, most manual car washes dont mind if you go in at night and take your time with working on your car as long as theres no one waiting (like at night). this is what I personally do. This should take care of your shade problem. As far as a good LSP to use...well, this forum is full of great suggestions.

spitshine1
05-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Sounds like i should using a paint sealent rather than a wax?

nrsk4u
05-19-2012, 04:47 PM
CG makes a bunch of products that can be applied in the sun, so if shade is hard to come by, you might want to check them out

07rs
05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I have 2 silver cars that set outside 24/7 and I use Collinite 845 every 3 months and optimum spray wax every couple weeks, it is kinda overkill but cars look good and water beads like crazy.

spitshine1
05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
what is CG?

Jaddie
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Dear spitshine

CG is an abbreviation for Chemical Guys products.

Jomax
05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I like FK1000p. Going to get 845 soon jUst for the heck of it and see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

01GreyStangGT
05-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Collinite 845
Werkstat Prime + AJT
Blackfire Wet Diamond

Lost Highway
05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
As others have noted forget about applying wax in the sun. You need to find some shade and that goes for sealants as well.
Waxes do not necessarily have a short life span some, e.g. Collinite 476, will out last most sealants.
For silver paint, and sticking to products that AG carries, I can recommend the following:
Collinite 845
Dodo Juice Supernatural
Blackfire Midnight Sun paste
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic or Rainforest Rub
They are roughly listed from most to least durable but you should be able to get three months, possibly more, with any of the first three. Blackfire is probably the easiest to use but none of the above are notably problematic.

arack
05-19-2012, 07:22 PM
You can also consider a sealant first. You will get more durability with a sealant/wax combo, especially on silver.

Some solid sealants:

Wolfgang Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 Special (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-paint-sealant-special.html)

Klasse Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html)

This one looks really good on my wife's silver Nissan.

Mezerna Powerlock.

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html)

Any of these would work, if you wanted to go the route of a sealant/wax.

Dr Oldz
05-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I think you can basically buy any wax you choose. You don't want to wax when the sun is at it's peak and the panels of the car are blazing hot. I would suggest just getting a wax you desire and just choose the right time of the day to wax.
Perhaps the day before get it ready for wax application. The first thing the next morning assure the surface is clean and dust free by using a waterless wash or similar product. Finally wax before the sun's rays really start hitting your vehicle..........or wax later in the evening just before the sun goes down. Not everyone has the availability of a garage or shade all the time so in these instances just work in the best possible time frames of the day.

swanicyouth
05-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Poor Boys advertises their products can be used in sun. But, there are so many ways to not work in direct sun. Easiest being is wax your car at dawn or dusk. Or, just drive to a business that has some covered parking or a mall when it's closed and wax there.

SON1C
05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
CG makes a bunch of products that can be applied in the sun, so if shade is hard to come by, you might want to check them out
such as?