PDA

View Full Version : Metro vac

brian45acp
05-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Just FYI I bought this one Metro Full Size Vac N' Blo 4.0 HP Vacuum, car vacuum and blower, vac and blow, metro vac (http://www.autogeek.net/metro-full-size-vac-n-blo.html) and it is awesome. I also bought the turbo head Metro Turbo Hand Tool (http://www.autogeek.net/metro-turbo-hand-tool-tht-1.html).

The Vac is super strong and has the power I always think of when I went to the coin wash and used the vacs there. I never had a dedicated vac for cars and only used shop vacs or the house vac. This thing literally sucks and that turbo head sounds like a jet engine when it spools up. The rotating fivers clean the carpet very well and fast because it agitates the carpet.

Anyway I just wanted to throw that out there and if you are thinking of one I would get it. So long as this thing lasts a while I am happy with it on initial impressions.

I do have a question. It seems mine came with a reusable bag installed and also a paper bag installed. I ordered another reusable bag because I didnt know it came with one. If I am not mistaken the long fabric bag already installed is reusable but I am not 100% sure. Those of you who have these other then the paper filter and the round flat black dust filter at the bottom there should be nothing else in the canister, right?

Webb
05-19-2012, 08:14 AM
If I had a business I would get one,looks very nice and well made,but I only do my car and sometimes family members,my wet/dry craftsman do the job well for $99.00

Bunky
05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I do have a question. It seems mine came with a reusable bag installed and also a paper bag installed. I ordered another reusable bag because I didnt know it came with one. If I am not mistaken the long fabric bag already installed is reusable but I am not 100% sure. Those of you who have these other then the paper filter and the round flat black dust filter at the bottom there should be nothing else in the canister, right?

The cloth bag is reusable. I have the 4HP smaller model. It has a paper filter, cloth bag filter, and then a foam filter above the motor.

brian45acp
05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Ok so the cloth bag the paper filter is sitting in is another filter? I did buy the reusable filter and it looks exactly the same but is just smaller. I dont understand how the cloth bag that the paper filter sits in cant be a reusable bag and I didnt think of it as another filter.

Bunky
05-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Ok so the cloth bag the paper filter is sitting in is another filter? I did buy the reusable filter and it looks exactly the same but is just smaller. I dont understand how the cloth bag that the paper filter sits in cant be a reusable bag and I didnt think of it as another filter.

I have not purchased a second reusable filter but would not expect it to be smaller as you apparently experienced.

You would use the paper filter to reduce fine dust or eliminate the need to clean the cloth filter.

Meticulous-Detail
05-20-2012, 05:55 AM
I have not purchased a second reusable filter but would not expect it to be smaller as you apparently experienced.

You would use the paper filter to reduce fine dust or eliminate the need to clean the cloth filter.

Correct. I just changed my paper filter in my small MVNB, but to my surprise the bag broke and the dirt was all in the cloth bag. I had to wash the cloth bag and install a new paper bag. The foam filter wasn't dirty at all. I wonder if you remove the foam filter would the suction be a bit more powerful? Even with the broken paper bag the dirt didn't get past the cloth bag.

I have an old Dirt Devil that had paper bags and a cloth bag, after the paper bag was full I never bought another one and just used the cloth bag. It was def. more powerful w/o the double bag. I have it for almost 10 yrs now with no problems. Just have to empty and wash the cloth bag.

If the paper bags in the MVNB keep breaking, I might just do the same bc you also have the foam filter for added protection.

brian45acp
05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah I am quiet sure the cloth bag is a washable filter and the paper filter is not needed. For some reason the reusable filter I purchased is half the size and must be for the smaller vacs.

The paper filters are convenient and clean so I think when I order some more AG supplies I will get a few more. Its going to take a long time to fill one of those bags up anyway.