PDA

View Full Version : Placing order, am I missing anything?

Spiney
05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Ok I've already got a GG6" DA Buffer, A Meg's DA MF 5.5" kit, and a shelf full of Meg's OTC products including UC, 205, Final Inspection, Clay kit, Gold Carnuba wax, Swirl X, Scratch Remover 2.0, and more. Also Meg's Ultimate Tire Spray and Ultimate Chrome Polish. I have Meg's Ultimate Polish but it never worked with my black paint it always hazed. I have a pad cleaning brush and a good supply of MF cloths. 1/2 auto store quality and about 10 Meguiar's.

The supplies are to mainly correct and protect my 96 SVT Cobra Black and a few other family vehicles. Most are dark colors. 1 sand colored Toyota Camry.

So this is what I am ordering: 3 grit guards, LC 5.5" flat foam pads (3) orange, (2) white, (2) black, (2) blue
The blue are for sealant and wax. Do I need these if I'm getting (2) black?

I already have a 5" backing plate from the Meg's MF KIT. Should I need a spare?

I'll use the correcting pads from the Meg's kit for most of my correction. I'll then use the white pads and the 205 for polishing step. Or use the Meg's MF polishing pads with 205.

4 or 8 oz of Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I may leave it at that or use Collonite 845 as LSP.

ULTIMA Detail Spray Plus

ONR 32oz for wash and clay lube

Sample of WGDGPS

MEG'S squeeze bottle for 845. Should I need more of these for other products?

I already have a jug of Simple Green is this OK for an APC or should I buy Meg's ?

That about covers it. I want to order while there is a sale and free shipping. Do you see anything missing that may hold me up when I start working on my Black Cobra Mustang?

If I were to order some MF cloths for final buffing what would you suggest?

Since I don't want to order $40 worth of Meg's Hyper Dressing for engine detailing can you suggest another product I may want to add to this order? I would like to place this order by Sat or the Sunday deadline at the latest. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

BobbyG
05-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Hey Dave,

Everything looks good but I do have a couple of suggestions.

Instead of the standard squeeze bottles give the new ones with the self cleaning tip a try. I just bought 3 of them but this style tip has been around for years and works quite well. Take a look at the 3 on the right in the photo below..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Supplies_01.JPG

Personally, I'm not a fan of simple green products. They just don't seem to work all that well, the scent is nauseating, and it quickly corrodes aluminum parts.

Optimum Opti-Clean is the best all purpose cleaner I've used in quite a long time..

You can use either gray or blue pads for applying sealants and waxes but I prefer the blue.

Having spares as backups is always a good idea especially if you're in the business to make money and without one it's a showstopper!!

For final buffing I like Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Microfiber Towel is 100% microfiber all the way to the edge! Our softest microfiber detailing & buffing towel. (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-microfiber-towel.html)

Spiney
05-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks Bobby, I placed my order and added the no clog bottles, The Cobra MF's, the APC and a spare 5" backing plate. Look forward to correcting and polishing this car. May need a drive up to TuscaroraDaves for Training Day!

Bunky
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Optimum Opti-Clean is the best all purpose cleaner I've used in quite a long time..

Did you mean Optimum Power Clean?

arack
05-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Did you mean Optimum Power Clean?

Yes, he did. Now back to our regular programming.

Halverso_99
05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol. Looks like you've got everything.

Spiney
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks, I got everything ordered Saturday night. Then I realized I forgot car wash and also wanted to try the Optimum Spray Car Wax that's been talked up so well. So I called this morning and added that. Also some plush purple Cobra MF for final buffing. Can't wait for that box to arrive. Hopefully before the weekend so I can Get the car in shape this weekend.