PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate cleaning their pad washer?

courtsider
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Usually I clean it right when I am done cleaning pads and it can be a nasty experience getting all the kaka out. This time I left it out for a week and I was amazed. All the polish kind of settled to the bottom and on top of the black pump body. I didn't have to use any cleaner and scrubbing as I usually do. It all just hosed off. I was more than amazed! I didn't use cleaner because I need to clean a few more pads but I didn't want to wash them in week old dirty solution but, I also didn't want to clean the bucket twice. (is that a run on? :) Today I am just going to clean it as I only have 3 pads to clean and I want to put it away.

Has anyone else noticed letting it sit makes it easier to clean?

Mike Phillips
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I try to clean it after each use because I think it cleanse easier and faster plus no foul odor.

:)

courtsider
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Usually I have a thick paste ring around the top lid where all the polish and wax sling off. It sticks to everything and takes some elbow grease to get all the residue off all the individual pump parts. This time the ring wasn't there and it was all together in the bottom of the bucket and on top of the pump body. It was almost a semi-solid. It all hosed right off without any chemicals or agitation. I didn't notice any foul odor and this was sitting outside in the rain for a week.

It almost seems counter intuitive but those were my observations.

ZimRandy
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
The next product from them will be a pad washer washer. It will wash the bucket and the parts for you!

I want one.

RaskyR1
05-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes, which is why I never use them anymore. If I had running water and a drain in the garage it wouldn't be so bad, but I have to go up to the house and drag out the hose every-time and I'm lazy when I get done working on a car. :D

Robert8194
05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
The next product from them will be a pad washer washer. It will wash the bucket and the parts for you!

I want one.

It's called a steamer.

bmwgalore
05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I almost gave up on the pad washer until I decided to wrap a clear garbage bag around the inner lip (where the compound slings) and secure it with packing tape (the clear one). It's easy to setup once you get the idea.

It does make a little noise when the water slings on the garbage bag, but that's alright.

When you're done, put some gloves on and remove the tape and garbage bag in one piece, straight to the garbage bin!

Now I'm not afraid of my pad washer anymore.

courtsider
05-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I almost gave up on the pad washer until I decided to wrap a clear garbage bag around the inner lip (where the compound slings) and secure it with packing tape (the clear one). It's easy to setup once you get the idea.

It does make a little noise when the water slings on the garbage bag, but that's alright.

When you're done, put some gloves on and remove the tape and garbage bag in one piece, straight to the garbage bin!

I actually thought of that but I can't take credit for it. I bought a Breville juicer and they tell you to line to waste bin with a plastic bag to make clean up easier. Good on you to come up with that on your own.

I wonder if you could put a bag inside, drape it over the top and screw the top piece in? It would avoid having to use tape.

RaskyR1
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Sounds like Grit Guard could make some more money by selling disposable liners! :D

Bunky
05-18-2012, 03:14 PM
If I ever get one, I will let you know!

oldmodman
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
After the first messy time I had to clean mine I started spraying the inside of the bucket with WD-40 before I filled it. Now all the crud just comes right off.
Just remember to let the WD-40 dry before filling the bucket again.
I just let my bucket dry and then spray it before putting it away. Then it's ready to use without having to remember to spray it.

But the trash bag might be an even easier idea. :xyxthumbs:

ITR43
05-18-2012, 04:02 PM

Having a liner sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure where you're putting it. How does it not get in the way of the grit guard and the pumps? Can you perhaps take a picture?

bmwgalore
05-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Having a liner sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure where you're putting it. How does it not get in the way of the grit guard and the pumps? Can you perhaps take a picture?

It's not a liner "per se", but kinda the same idea, just cut the bottom off of the plastic bag so the water/solution can reach the foam pad without getting in the way of things..