PDA

View Full Version : Heat question

Mc'lovin
05-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Hi all,

I was dumb enough to forget my new unopened Klasse AIO bottle in my car yesterday night. This morning when I rushed to take it, the car temperature inside was really hot, and when I now shake the bottle, it sounds like it is very very liquidy like.

It is now in a safe cool area. If I wait a few days - will it come back to its normal texture and will it be safe to use it? (I need to use it in a week's time).

Thank you!

BobbyG
05-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Temperature, in this case heat, increases the viscosity of most liquids, you should see how a mere 20 degrees affects Collinite 845!

Just keep shaking the bottle to re-blend its contents and I'm sure it will be fine...

Mc'lovin
05-18-2012, 05:54 AM
BobbyG - THANK YOU!

Since I joined this forum not long ago, you have been replying to each of my questions, always trying to help. You well represent the awesomeness (is that even a word? :) ) of this forum.

BobbyG
05-18-2012, 06:02 AM
BobbyG - THANK YOU!

Since I joined this forum not long ago, you have been replying to each of my questions, always trying to help. You well represent the awesomeness (is that even a word? :) ) of this forum.

Your words are very kind and appreciated, glad to help where I can....:props:

Awesomeness is now officially a new word!! :dblthumb2:

RMM
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Temperature, in this case heat, increases the viscosity of most liquids, you should see how a mere 20 degrees affects Collinite 845!

Just keep shaking the bottle to re-blend its contents and I'm sure it will be fine...

I think you meant decreases :xyxthumbs:

BWG707
05-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Klasse AIO is pretty thin to begin with, I use it in a spray bottle to apply it to a pad.

bmwgalore
05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Klasse AIO is pretty thin to begin with, I use it in a spray bottle to apply it to a pad.

Interesting.. Thanks for the tip.

Mc'lovin
05-19-2012, 12:31 AM

Interesting.. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting indeed. Do you apply it by hand or with a DA? (I plan on using a DA). And do you prime the pad by spraying it, or do you spray it directly onto the paint?

Thanks for the comment!

BWG707
05-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I've been applying it by hand. I spray an X on the pad and spread with my finger.

FUNX650
05-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I.

Temperature, in this case heat, increases the viscosity of most liquids....

II.

Which way is it, I. or II.? :confused:

-I always thought it was, generally speaking, the viscosity of a "simple liquid":...decreases...with increasing temperature
Conversely, the viscosity of a "simple liquid":...increases ...as the temperature decreases.

-It can be simply put as the determination of the speed of a liquid's molecules and the amount of time they spend in
contact/(friction) with each other.
One of the Newtonian Laws...#2, I believe.

-But...The questions, perhaps, could be:
Is Klasse AIO considered to be a simple liquid?

-I propose it's not a simple liquid; and, as such...IMO:
The "Newtonian Laws" are not applicable.

-So...as before...Which "Door" to choose: I. or II.

-And, afterall... What role does Rheology have in this scenario?

:)

Bob

BobbyG
05-19-2012, 03:08 PM

HA, you are absolutely correct! :doh:

As the temperature of a liquid increases the viscosity does indeed decrease....:props: