PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Mirror Glaze line.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bigbull2984
05-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi All we seem to hardly see a thread nowadays on Meguiars Mirror glaze.

I have always used there consumer line of products and didnt find much wrong with it, I have switched to blackfire and love the look on my car, but the cost for the Paste wax, BFwd, Poly spray and QD was so expensive!!!

So I wanted to see how the Mirror Glaze line was. I am talking primary about #6 cleanerwax, #21 Sealant, #26 Hi Tech Yellow, and upkeep with #135 synt deltailer...

Also is the Hi Tech yellow must be a Carnuaba correct.

I would love to get some feedback from Meguiars users.

SON1C
05-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Should do a side by side of them on your hood, I have heard of low durability from #26

FUNX650
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi All we seem to hardly see a thread nowadays on Meguiars Mirror glaze.

I have always used there consumer line of products

So I wanted to see how the Mirror Glaze line was. I am talking primary about #6 cleanerwax, #21 Sealant, #26 Hi Tech Yellow, and upkeep with #135 synt deltailer...

Also is the Hi Tech yellow must be a Carnuaba correct.

I would love to get some feedback from Meguiars users.

-Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze line-up" is an excellent choice for detailing products, IMO.

-Instead of M#6 Cleaner-wax...I prefer the: Consumer A-12 version.

-Good Sealant...#21-2.0

-#26 has been referred to as being a Hybrid Wax...
"Wax-refreshening-time frame/intervals" (Some folks may call this durability): Similar or better than most waxes...
Best D.O.I. of them all!

-#34 Final inspection also for: Detail Spray duties...(Available in gallon size? I'll have to check the store sometime.)

-You ought to try #40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner...Good Stuff

-Don't overlook: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer/Ultimate Quik Wax. IMO...Both superb products!

Hope this helps some.

:)

Bob

Bill1234
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
M105 and 205 are great to remove defects and refine paint. Number 26 I have used and its pretty good.

swanicyouth
05-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know this, but what is the Mirror Glaze line targeted for. I know the Detailer line is for detailers, NXT line is OTC... Is it targeted for Body Shops???

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes the Mirror Glaze line is targeted at the body shop industry with most of their line being body shop safe.

FUNX650
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Maybe I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know this, but what is the Mirror Glaze line targeted for. I know the Detailer line is for detailers, NXT line is OTC... Is it targeted for Body Shops???

Professional Mirror Glaze products have been developed for usage by: Body/paint shops, refinishers, detailers, automobile manufacturers/assembly plants, dealerships...in mind.

But...I personally see no reason why enthusiasts/hobbyists can't enjoy the benefits of using them as well.

Bob

Trevor
05-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I just put #21 synthetic sealant on my sister-in laws car last night. I actually do like it quite a bit, it gives a real nice reflective shine and is super easy to use. It just never makes it onto my cars with the shelf full of powerlock, WG 3.0, 915, and a whole host of waxes.

Bigbull2984
05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
hmm any thoughts of using the Hi tech yellow as a topper on blackfire TPnS or BFWD

722ish
05-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I have used #26 paste and liquid and in both cases I like the look but I don't get the best life out of them. Seems like only a few weeks before it seems like I need to reapply.

Bigbull2984
05-17-2012, 12:05 AM
I have used #26 paste and liquid and in both cases I like the look but I don't get the best life out of them. Seems like only a few weeks before it seems like I need to reapply.

Wow that's shocking, I would have thought megs came a long way with a pure carnuaba by now.

FUNX650
05-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow that's shocking, I would have thought megs came a long way with a pure carnuaba by now.

As I mentioned before: #26 is not a pure carnuba wax.

Also...IMHO...It didn't have to come a long way.
Except for, and due to, VOC compliancy issues.

Bob

Frenchie
05-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I use most of the mirror glaze line regularly. I really like the #26 because for me gives a great look on any color, and is priced very well and that of course leads to more profit in each detail I do. 105/205 are my "go to" polishes....like alot of people. The #7 show car glaze is really nice as well once you get the hang of it. I have the rest of the line but these are the ones I use often, and always have good results. Very consistent, very reasonably priced.

AutowerxDetailing
05-17-2012, 01:04 AM
#26 is a decent "hybrid" wax. Looks-wise it is really soft and gives a warm glow on any color paint. You might not like it on a non-pearl white paint because it actually softens the light colors quite a bit IMO. Durability-wise it's sort of meh. Actually, I can tell it's still on the car after more than a few weeks but it seems like after 1-2 washes it stops beading.

Detail_Dude
05-17-2012, 06:36 AM
-Best D.O.I. of them all!

What is DOI?