PDA

View Full Version : Mobile detailing protecting products?

SON1C
05-16-2012, 03:53 PM
So when the products are in my vehicle an. Temperature sky rockets, is this going to degrade the products? I can't imagine there's much I can do aside from popping the trunk

RhetoricMixes
05-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Depending on how often you detail I would just take the products out of your vehicle when your not using them. Im not so worried of the heat affecting their performance as much as the smell of some products that have spilled some during use. Do you just toss your bottles in the trunk or are they in a tray or bag or some sort?

SUGARCANE MAN
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
yes it gets pretty hot in the car trunks. I personally put my stuff into a good insulated cooler. Hadn't any problems. So if not going to use just take cooler out.

tuscarora dave
05-16-2012, 06:33 PM
That's a problem I had with a lot of products that I've tried. Meguiar's and Menzerna are 2 manufacturers that have products that will withstand the heat. Most others that I've tried turned to a watery mess when they got hot. I liked the cooler idea but just started buying Meg's stuff instead of a cooler.

tuscarora dave
05-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I had that problem with a lot of the Boutique products that I've tried and they pretty much all turned to a watery mess when they got hot. I've found Meguiar's and Menzerna to hold up well to high temperatures. Never had any problems with sealants and tire shine or cleaners.

OOPs. I thought the first reply didn't work for some reason. Sorry.

SON1C
05-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Usually theyve been loosely organized I'm working on a better organizational method

Bump for more input?

I guess I should just take the things I'd worry about into the shade when I'm working on vehicles?

Flash Gordon
05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I've never had a product go bad because of heat

SON1C
05-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Even roasting in a hot car interior heat?

Flash Gordon
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Even roasting in a hot car interior heat?

Nope. Thank about how long your product sits in the UPS truck before they deliever it?

I would remove solvents and/or aresol cans if the temps are 100 and above so your vehicle doesn't become a potential bomb. Park in the shade when possible and leave the windows cracked