PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel question

flyinion
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone know how many applicators I might need to do all the windows including the hardtop windows on 2012 (really 2007-2012) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 door)? After cleaning her up from an off-road trip on Monday I noticed the windows are full of water spots again. I assume from the water from my hose drying before I was finished washing the vehicle. I guess we have hard water in the area. I'm hoping the aquapel will cut down on or eliminate spotting.

SON1C
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Is it a glass sealant? If so one application should be fine or it's a bad product

A1MobileDetailing
05-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Anyone know how many applicators I might need to do all the windows including the hardtop windows on 2012 (really 2007-2012) Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 door)? After cleaning her up from an off-road trip on Monday I noticed the windows are full of water spots again. I assume from the water from my hose drying before I was finished washing the vehicle. I guess we have hard water in the area. I'm hoping the aquapel will cut down on or eliminate spotting.

I think you would need four. I'm not excactly sure how many windows you have, but I just got some and it says one application will do one windshield or two side windows, so you can do the math.

A1MobileDetailing
05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Is it a glass sealant? If so one application should be fine or it's a bad product

Actually it comes in small applications that will only do one windshield or 2 side windows. I didn't realize this until I got mine yesterday.

BlueZero
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I did the windshield of my Ram and managed to do one side window also but it was stretching it a bit. My windshield is about 14 square feet. I think I could have moved on from the windshield to the side window a bit sooner and got more area covered but I wanted to make sure to get a good coat. Hope that helps.

panthercz
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
The windshield and one side window is about all I can get out of one applicator.

flyinion
05-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I think you would need four. I'm not excactly sure how many windows you have, but I just got some and it says one application will do one windshield or two side windows, so you can do the math.

Thanks guys, sounds like 4 it is. If you look at my avatar pic, that's the vehicle. Front windshield is fairly small actually since it's nearly vertical. I'm wondering if I should just go with my original plan to coat the windshield and then deal with the rest once in a while with something to remove spots.

I've got some Mother's stuff that works great on them, although it didn't seem to do as well by hand this time in some test spots so I'm going to have to break out the drill & powerball or maybe even try it with a buffer and an orange LC pad. Might be a fun experience to try that with my friend's DeWalt 849 I'm borrowing to learn on. At least I shouldn't have to worry about holograms in glass lol.

swanicyouth
05-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Did you ever think of trying the Griots Glass Sealant??? You get a decent size bottle for about 10 bucks, enough to do 100 windows or so. And quality wise, it's just great. Makes your wipers super smooth and quiet, also super water beading and blowing of windshield.

flyinion
05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Did you ever think of trying the Griots Glass Sealant??? You get a decent size bottle for about 10 bucks, enough to do 100 windows or so. And quality wise, it's just great. Makes your wipers super smooth and quiet, also super water beading and blowing of windshield.

I'll have to check into that. I hadn't even thought about something like that existing. I just know I've had Aquapel put on windshields in the past when I had rock chip repairs or cracked windshields replaced and I loved it.

swanicyouth
05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
It's really awesome, I feel a step up from Aquapel, and you get like a 4oz bottle for 10 bucks. It's clear like Rain X consistency, but a far superior product. I believe it's new and I got it from AG. It stays a clear liquid in the bottle, no crazy applicators to open or break open. It's a steal for the price.

A1MobileDetailing
05-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I'll have to try this as well thanks a lot.:xyxthumbs:

flyinion
05-16-2012, 11:40 PM
It's really awesome, I feel a step up from Aquapel, and you get like a 4oz bottle for 10 bucks. It's clear like Rain X consistency, but a far superior product. I believe it's new and I got it from AG. It stays a clear liquid in the bottle, no crazy applicators to open or break open. It's a steal for the price.

Do you have a link for it? I didn't see it in the Griots section of the store. Just the clay, polish, and polishing pads for glass.

Conan
05-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Do you have a link for it? I didn't see it in the Griots section of the store. Just the clay, polish, and polishing pads for glass.

It's in the "what's new" section:

Griot's Garage Glass Sealant, glass protectant, windshield sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-glass-sealant.html)

flyinion
05-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Thanks, I managed to actually find it by looking in the glass care section. I always forget about the "what's new" section though and I guess I just assumed it should be in the Griot's section whether it was new or not.