PDA

View Full Version : I gotta brag on Optimum Car Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

BrandonJ
05-15-2012, 08:37 PM
been using the stuff for a few months now. I sure wish I had tried it earlier. The money I could have saved!! Its super easy to apply and it stacks right up there for me in looks with klasse sealant bfwd coll 845 and wolfgang 3.0. beading was a thing of beauty today after a rain. tight uniformed water beads and they just flew right off and disappeared as I drove home after the rain had stopped. Thumbs up for this stuff I have a gallon coming when the last of this bottle is gone!!!!!!

Chris Thomas
05-15-2012, 09:07 PM
That's always great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

wysiwyg
05-15-2012, 09:36 PM
been using the stuff for a few months now. I sure wish I had tried it earlier. The money I could have saved!! Its super easy to apply and it stacks right up there for me in looks with klasse sealant bfwd coll 845 and wolfgang 3.0. beading was a thing of beauty today after a rain. tight uniformed water beads and they just flew right off and disappeared as I drove home after the rain had stopped. Thumbs up for this stuff I have a gallon coming when the last of this bottle is gone!!!!!!

:iagree:

I wish I had tried it sooner as well. I've been using it after each wash, and the shine and gloss is amazing. It's so easy to use I no longer use a quick detail spray.

Robert8194
05-15-2012, 09:53 PM
It is so easy and so good, it almost feels like cheating.

sohail99
05-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Yea, it's really great. Use it all the time after a wash!

One thing I wanted to clarify was, can ocw be used on one day old paint fresh out of paintbooth? (no heat curing)

Posted from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chris Thomas
05-15-2012, 10:41 PM
That's a question for the painter. If the paint requires a period to harden or outgas, no sealant or wax should be used until this has occurred.

sohail99
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
That's a question for the painter. If the paint requires a period to harden or outgas, no sealant or wax should be used until this has occurred.

Yea! I asked as I saw a painter do a spot repair and painted the area, sanded it and used 3M liquid wax on it and I was like, 'new paint shouldn't be waxed' and he was like "I do it all the time"!!

I also thought I read somewhere when Dr. G said that ocw was breathable?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
It surely is good stuff! What separates it from most spray waxes is, it lasts a lot longer, not just 2 weeks.

Chris Thomas
05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Yea! I asked as I saw a painter do a spot repair and painted the area, sanded it and used 3M liquid wax on it and I was like, 'new paint shouldn't be waxed' and he was like "I do it all the time"!!

I also thought I read somewhere when Dr. G said that ocw was breathable?

Ill ask him tomorrow, just to be sure and I'll let you know.

sohail99
05-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Ill ask him tomorrow, just to be sure and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot sir! :xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
05-16-2012, 06:03 AM
It is so easy and so good, it almost feels like cheating.

That's an accurate insight, kind of feels like you're cheating...

One thing I wanted to clarify was, can ocw be used on one day old paint fresh out of paintbooth? (no heat curing)

There's no paint manufacture that I've ever heard of that officially recommends sealing their paint systems until at least 30 days have passed. This is to some extent just a carryover from the days of solvent evaporation paints like single stage lacquers and enamels. Still, what's the hurry?

If the paint manufacture doesn't recommend it and anything strong enough to harm fresh paint will likely also harm ore eat past a micron or sub-micron layer of protection, why take the risk?

I think Dr. David Ghodoussi has said in the past it's okay to seal fresh paint and I've never seen a negative outcome from sealing "modern" paints too quickly. For me, I'm going to be painting my new truck project hopefully within this year and I'll wait the 30 days before I seal it.

Check the info I posted to this thread too...

Beginning Clearcoat Failure (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/29197-beginning-clearcoat-failure.html)

:)

BobbyG
05-16-2012, 06:32 AM
I've tried several spray car waxes over the last few years and the top two are:

Optimum Spray Car Wax
Duragloss Aqua Wax

These allow me to easily maintain my finish year round and add a tremendous amount of durability and shine...

arack
05-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Optimum car wax is an awesome product. It is the only spray wax that I use.

Mike Phillips
05-16-2012, 06:47 AM
Keep in mind that guy that makes OCW also was a chemist that helped to create clear coat paint technology, if he's qualified to make the paint he's more than qualified to make the wax that goes on the paint.

I had the freedom to write the dialog for the recent voice over commercials we shot for our TV show and I purposefully pointed this out in the commercial we shot for Optimum Polymer Technologies. Keep in mind these commercial are 30 seconds or less so you have to make each word count.

Autogeek Commercials shot and edited by Yancy (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/what-s-garage/50163-autogeek-commercials-shot-edited-yancy.html)

Optimum Polymer Technologies

Optimum Polymer..."..." target="_blank">Optimum Polymer..."...

Dr. David Ghodoussi - PhD Organic chemist
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Dr_G.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
05-16-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd say we have two pretty smart dudes here!! :dblthumb2: