PDA

View Full Version : klasse WOWO method

kline39
05-14-2012, 08:45 PM
I've seen alot of posts using the wowo method on klasse sg. I live in minnesota and plan using a few layers of this topped with a layer or 2 of colli 476s for the winter. Im kinda nervous about the durability of the wowo method versus the traditional method. I would rly appreciate it if anyone has any feedback on this, especially if anyone has done any testing between the 2. Thanks in advance!

andrew b
05-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Back when I was using KAIO/KSG, I would apply the KSG with a very soft, all cotton old t-shirt material. Made it really easy to apply very thin.

If you're doing it right, it will almost appear that the KSG is evaporating into the paint (much the way some QDs flash off when you wipe them). I'd then buff the area immediately with a good MF towel.

Worked great for me. Note that one layer of KSG over KAIO looks good, but after the 3rd layer, it will really look great.

My standard "formula" was KAIO x2 (to make sure the surface was really prepped and covered well), KSG x3, and then a wax topper (usually Souveran, but played with others as well). for winter, I'd usually just leave the wax off and go with all sealant.

wgilles
05-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I've been using the WOWO method with KAIO for a while now and have not noticed any decrease in durability. I think you'll be fine using WOWO

kline39
05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
thanks for the input guys! this is going to save me alot of time come october.

BobbyG
05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
thanks for the input guys! this is going to save me a lot of time come October.

Minnesota + October = http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/cldfreezing.gif

Temperature will impact the effect of a wipe-on wipe-off product. Make sure you plan accordingly and in October don't be afraid to work in direct sunlight...

MI Mike
05-15-2012, 01:21 PM
thanks for the input guys! this is going to save me alot of time come october.

Why wait till October. Pick a panel and practice. If you like what you see do the rest of your vehicle!!. Practice on the Hood, Roof or Trunk. If you find that this is not what you wanted you have Collonite or your other preference.