PDA

View Full Version : Leather care package?

Ridebyshootings
03-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Hello, my wife bought a very nice 2003 toyota camry this week. It has leather interior that is nice but feels sort of sandy? What is a good kit to condition this? im looking at the connoly kit as well as pinnacle leather conditioner. It is clean and doesnt need the be cleaned but feels like it has not a smoothe feel leather normally does. Guess im comparing it to ny motorcycle seat! LOL! Thanks in advance. Andrew

HighEndDetail
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
I have used the Connolly kit many times, and it has worked great. I am looking into getting the Pinacle leather twins soon. To see how they work too.
I know Justin is using the pinnacle and loves it.

supercharged
03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Hello, my wife bought a very nice 2003 toyota camry this week. It has leather interior that is nice but feels sort of sandy? What is a good kit to condition this? im looking at the connoly kit as well as pinnacle leather conditioner. It is clean and doesnt need the be cleaned but feels like it has not a smoothe feel leather normally does. Guess im comparing it to ny motorcycle seat! LOL! Thanks in advance. Andrew
You'll be better off using Pinnacle or Wolfgang Leather Twins on coated leather. Connolly has a nasty kerosene smell (I wouldn't use it on coated leather), which I really doubt your wife will like. Wolfgang/Pinnacle have new leather scent.
Good luck.

Whitethunder46
03-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I use WG's cleaner and Pinnacle's Conditioner. The conditioner is very very nice.

Junebug
03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Try Lexol, just remember that a little bit goes a long way.

Bags
03-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I like the Duragloss #441 and #221 combo. A gentle cleaner and left the leather in my wife's Expedition soft and smooth. I don't recall the smell being over bearing and it was gone shortly after.

ScottB
03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Connolly is my personal favorite, works well and smell does not linger. Pinnacle twins are great, the all in one is ok. If leather is in bad shape consider the Leatherique products.

bambo2888
03-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I agree with the pinnacle twins. the cleaner and the conditioner will not only get rid of sandy feeling, but will then replenish the essential oils.