PDA

View Full Version : CG Blacklight and V7... opinions?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ComradeGrumbles
05-14-2012, 03:17 PM
This is my last post for today, I promise. =D I'm preparing to make my next BIG order to AG, and I'm deciding on a sealant to go under P21s. I'm debating over BF Wet Diamond and CG Blacklight. Also, I'm considering a bottle of V7, just because of all the great reviews.

Shoot out your opinions on Blacklight, V7, Wet Diamond, or any other sealants/sprays that you really like, and why! Thanks!!!

Myles

rider9195
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Here are some thoughts from another member. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/47813-review-blackfire-sealant-cg-blacklight.html

If you search Blacklight and V7 you will get so many threads about them. Same thing with Wet Diamond.

TimmyG
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Buy them both. They are both awesome.

embolism
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
if you spend at least $50, then you can get a sample of the BFWD for free. It should be enough to do a regular car 4-5 times I'd estimate.

ComradeGrumbles
05-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Now that free shipping has popped up, I'm surely going to order some Blacklight. I'll also be getting the sample size of Wet Diamond to give that a try. How do you guys feel about V7? Worth it? Does it compare to other spray sealants like BlackFire's own spray sealant?

van185
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
CG V7 is the best spay that I have tried. It really does leave a slick, wet looking finish. I use it between waxes and it makes the car look great.

Judge
05-14-2012, 05:06 PM
How does CG V7 compare to Dodo Tropical Red mist? I've yet to see them both mentioned in the same thread but they seem like similar products.

Mc'lovin
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I've been doing tonns of investigating about the Black Light + v7 combo recently - everyone seems to be raving about it. From the reviews, it should give you a tremendous shine. In less than two weeks I'm going to try that combo along with the 5050 wax.

That said, I'm not sure Black Light and BFWD can be compared (however I am very new to detailing so I may be wrong). BL has mild abrasives and is sort of a both AIO and sealant, while BFWD is a sole purpose sealant which is supposed to be way superior in durability (If I would compare BFWD to a Chemical Guys product, I would compare it to Jetseal 109).

Hence, I think you should purchase both products if you are interested.

Share your experiences after applying them!! :)

Webb
05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I Tried this weekend and is very good,wet looking as other described.

HotRodJoe
05-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I've used both but not enough to do any scientific comparison. They are different, as has already been said. The BL by itself didn't do a lot for me, but the V7 for sure makes it pop. What I don't know is if V7 wouldn't make a lot of things pop. The BFWD doesn't need any help. My curiosity is what would V7 do to BFWD?

spardavr4
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
I just ordered some V7. I will also be using it between waxes :)

silverfox
05-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Nothing is as easy to use as BL. I have used both BFWD and BL. BL has fine abrasives in it and is a hell of a glaze/ finishing polish that oh by the way is a good sealant as well and is a great foundation for any carnuba or V7. If you are just talking about looks then its a toss up but BL can do so many things and I like spending my money on products that are multi purpose. Top it with V7

SON1C
05-14-2012, 06:48 PM
are you guys applying by hand or machine and with what methods

you won't be disappointed with any of them.

ComradeGrumbles
05-14-2012, 07:03 PM
How does CG V7 compare to Dodo Tropical Red mist? I've yet to see them both mentioned in the same thread but they seem like similar products.

I actually purchased Red Mist a little while back... it was decent, but I ended up going back to BlackFire's Wet Diamond Polymer spray. Red Mist wasn't very slick... it looked okay, and it beaded water okay, but that's about it. I used the smallest little sprays that I could, and it still seemed to be streaky on Red Paint. I like Dodo's waxes, but I feel that the Red Mist isn't up to par with the rest of their products. =(

I've been doing tonns of investigating about the Black Light + v7 combo recently - everyone seems to be raving about it. From the reviews, it should give you a tremendous shine. In less than two weeks I'm going to try that combo along with the 5050 wax.

That said, I'm not sure Black Light and BFWD can be compared (however I am very new to detailing so I may be wrong). BL has mild abrasives and is sort of a both AIO and sealant, while BFWD is a sole purpose sealant which is supposed to be way superior in durability (If I would compare BFWD to a Chemical Guys product, I would compare it to Jetseal 109).

Hence, I think you should purchase both products if you are interested.

Share your experiences after applying them!! :)

I just did purchase both of them with the free shipping, and a 20% off code! =D I will be using them as my first review. I also got P21s 100% to layer on top, so we'll see how it looks!

dekciw
05-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I currently am using up the free 16oz BL from CG and I love it it. Comes off effortlessly and looks great. I'm using BL/XXX and V7.