PDA

View Full Version : A place to work

wukin
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM
I have no garage and hardly get any shade area near my home to work with. I wonder how you guys deal with such situations?

I usually do the shade size of the car first then do another later when sun goes.

rider9195
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
You may want to get a canopy to cover most of your car when detailing. Poorboys products can be used in direct sunlight. So I would look into them for your situation.

Jomax
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I would get a canopy for sure. Products say they can be used in direct sunlight, but work a lot better in the shade.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

VdubbinMI
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
You could look into setting up some type of tent or canopy that would shade the vehicle you are working on. I think they run anywhere from $100 on up. Make sure to find some way to secure it to the ground so that a gust of wind can't pick it up and damage the vehicle you're working on.

I've been pondering this myself so that I can do work in the sun/rain. I was also looking for a place that might rent out bays or garages so that I can take a vehicle there and work on it. Haven't found one yet but as long as they had h2o and electricity hook ups it should be g2g.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

SeaJay's
05-15-2012, 07:59 AM
As everyone else has said pick up a canopy. You can get a 10X10 at Walmart for about $90. Or you could go bigger, which means you don't need to move the car around as much.