PDA

View Full Version : For Alko

flyinion
05-13-2012, 08:19 PM
So, Alko has been bugging me to post before/afters of details on my new Jeep lol. Alko here you go buddy. Starting with a teaser shot. It took a dirt bath yesterday. I won't be doing any buffing right now except maybe some spot buffing, just a good exterior, interior, and engine bay cleaning. I think the inside looks nearly as bad as the outside right now lol. Expect the rest of the pics in a couple days. They'll be in the show & shine when I do.

Flash Gordon
05-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Good to see a Jeep being used for its intended purpose

flyinion
05-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Good to see a Jeep being used for its intended purpose

LOL well, the good news is it is now clean. The bad is that it is now clean. Looks like I got more "desert pinstriping" than I thought. I don't know how much will buff out, and the stuff on the hardtop isn't coming out because that's a thin layer of black textured paint over white fiberglass. I don't think most of the paint scratches can catch a nail but it's hard to tell.

Anyway I'll have those pics up in a day or two. I need to get offload and process my photos first.

I did learn I really need to get some better detailing tools (like brushes or something) for the engine though. Dust was everywhere and I couldn't get as much off the visible areas as I wanted where there was lots of crevices and small thin metal piping from the ABS/traction control unit.

alko
05-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Wwooooowwwwwhhhhoooooo!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Bout time man!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Whenever I read your post in the "Happy Friday" thread I always look forward to seeing what you have planned for the weekend.

The jeep looks like it took a beating but I'm sure you enjoyed your time out there.

Thanks for posting and I'm definitely subscribing to this thread!!!!

flyinion
05-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Wwooooowwwwwhhhhoooooo!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Bout time man!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Whenever I read your post in the "Happy Friday" thread I always look forward to seeing what you have planned for the weekend.

The jeep looks like it took a beating but I'm sure you enjoyed your time out there.

Thanks for posting and I'm definitely subscribing to this thread!!!!

Hoping I might have some pics up tonight, otherwise tomorrow night for sure. They'll be in the Show & Shine section but I'll drop a link here too. I was waffling back and forth on buying Adobe Lightroom 4 to process my photos first or stick with my 5 year old Photoshop setup before I started working on them.

flyinion
05-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Hoping I might have some pics up tonight, otherwise tomorrow night for sure. They'll be in the Show & Shine section but I'll drop a link here too. I was waffling back and forth on buying Adobe Lightroom 4 to process my photos first or stick with my 5 year old Photoshop setup before I started working on them.

Eh ok I got delayed a bit on these. Should have them up this weekend sometime. I decided to actually read the necessary chapters of the Lightroom book I bought so I could learn how to properly use it first since it's a bit different than the Adobe software I used to use.

I could have stumbled my way through getting them done but would rather do it right the first time. Thankfully because of all that Lightroom does, I only really need to go through about 1/2 the book to learn the photo editing bits and I'm already 1/2 done with that even though I've been slacking for the last week lol. (the rest is doing slideshows and printing books and other craziness)

flyinion
08-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Ok, yeah it's been 3 months, but I finally put the post up http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/53915-jeep-wrangler-post-off-road-cleanup-warning-lots-pics.html