PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Pad Cleaner with Edge Foam Pads?

Just02
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey!! It's my first post. :)

Anywho, I was just wondering if any of you have used Pinnacle's (XMT) Pad Cleaner with the Edge foam pads? I wouldn't be concerned with using the product except for the adhesive within the pad. Will this pad cleaner cause any damage to the pad or hinder its useful life?

Thank you! :D

Whitethunder46
03-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey!! It's my first post. :)

Anywho, I was just wondering if any of you have used Pinnacle's (XMT) Pad Cleaner with the Edge foam pads? I wouldn't be concerned with using the product except for the adhesive within the pad. Will this pad cleaner cause any damage to the pad or hinder its useful life?

Thank you! :D

Not at all. A LOT of us use that cleaner (and conditioner) and both work wonders.

I have found that the cleaner works best (flawlessly) with XMT's line up of polishes/compound. It works well with other polishes, just for some reason, not as perfect.
Still, the best and easiest way to clean the pads.

justin_murphy
03-22-2007, 08:44 PM
The cleaner works darn good! One of the best I've ever seen.

Just02
03-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Awesome. Guess I'll have to order some! :)

Thanks again!

Nica
03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I agree the cleaner is really good

I should caution you though that if you order the two pack of the conditioner and the cleaner together, you'll go through the cleaner first before you finish the conditioner. Other members were saying the same thing, just thought I'd share it with you. You can't go wrong with both of them though, really good stuff.

bambo2888
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Yep, I've used both the DP Pad rejuvenator powder and Snappy Clean. I still love the Pinnacle stuff...

Just02
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Yep, I've used both the DP Pad rejuvenator powder and Snappy Clean. I still love the Pinnacle stuff...

I was looking at the DP Pad Rejuvenator, too. The Pinnacle combo is almost the same cost but covers conditioning and cleaning! I tried hand polishing with a foam pad applicator and Z-PC and didn't have any conditioner, at least at first, it was awful! I can only imagine what a pad would endure on a PC. Oh. Dawn is nasty to remove from foam, it takes forever! :)

By the way, nice TL!

davet
03-23-2007, 04:39 AM
I only use the XMT pad cleaner now.I have used it on the edge pads with all different brands of polishes/componds & it works great with no problems at all.
Dave

ScottB
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Ive used XMT pad cleaner on many Edge pads, and no damage yet.