PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a Mustang Wednesday, help with AIO or 1 step.

shoeless89
05-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm detailing a Red Mustang this Wednesday. The owner wants to get it looking its best without spending to much money (story of my life lol) but anyway a 1-step polish then seal is out of his price range. I was thinking of going with XMT 360 and topping it with Fuzion. I love the way Fuzion looks especially on red. I don't really care about spending the extra time applying Fuzion since I don't have to wait for it to haze. But how much will that effect the XMT 360? I've used XMT 360 in the past and LOVE it but just never applied something right after it. Thanks guys! Any tips or suggestions are welcome :) :buffing:

SON1C
05-13-2012, 07:15 PM
The purpose of doing an aio is to have one step, you're fine with using two so use a dedicated polish and top with fusion for the best results

shoeless89
05-13-2012, 07:30 PM
The purpose of doing an aio is to have one step, you're fine with using two so use a dedicated polish and top with fusion for the best results

I know but if I do use a dedicated polish I will be much more inclined to tape everything off, have to strip oils after I polish, re-wash, etc. Which in the end adds a lot more time. If I use an AIO I'm not going to tape off, I don't have to strip oil, and I don't have to rewash. I just really want to top with Fuzion for looks. If I do, I'm just wondering how bad it will effect the durability of XMT 360 since its a sealant and I won't have time to wait for it to fully cure before Fuzion.

wysiwyg
05-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I've been topping XMT 360 with Optimum car wax since it's so easy to use (just as easy as a quick detail spray.)

I've been very happy with the results.

SON1C
05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I know but if I do use a dedicated polish I will be much more inclined to tape everything off, have to strip oils after I polish, re-wash, etc. Which in the end adds a lot more time. If I use an AIO I'm not going to tape off, I don't have to strip oil, and I don't have to rewash. I just really want to top with Fuzion for looks. If I do, I'm just wondering how bad it will effect the durability of XMT 360 since its a sealant and I won't have time to wait for it to fully cure before Fuzion.

i see where you're coming from, well I'd try it, I have no experience with either product so I'm not the most qualified to answer this lol

shoeless89
05-13-2012, 08:50 PM
i see where you're coming from, well I'd try it, I have no experience with either product so I'm not the most qualified to answer this lol

I guess well see how it goes lol Unless anyone else post any great experience that changes my mind.

SON1C
05-13-2012, 08:55 PM
either way.. before and after pics!

Alvin
05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Have look at Meguiar,s #6

KBsToy
05-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Meguiars #6 Cleaner/Wax cleans and protects in one step! This liquid car wax is superior to other liquid cleaner waxes because its by Meguiars. (http://www.autogeek.net/meg6clean.html)

wgilles
05-14-2012, 07:48 AM
I've topped 360 with Souveran and it comes out fantastic so I think your 360/Fuzion combo will work well for you. Go for it!

tuscarora dave
05-14-2012, 07:58 AM
I've observed on several cars, 3 months of LSP durability from a carnauba paste wax and/or a sealant applied directly after wiping polishing residue off of the paint. I simply don't buy into the whole polishing oil removing movement. I think it's fine when getting OCD when engaging in a labor of love paint correction on my own vehicle to ensure that the true condition of the paint is revealed, but for a guy who isn't willing to dig deep enough into his pockets to have a quality job done on his ride...