PDA

View Full Version : Nice cars make me sad sometimes...

AutowerxDetailing
05-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I sometimes wish I weren't such an detail freak... It's like my eyes are drawn toward imperfections in everything, especially cars. Whenever I walk by a nice car in a parking lot or on the street the only thing I notice is if the paint has holograms or if the wheels kept properly clean.

Sometimes I wish I were normal so I could just admire a fine piece of automotive engineering. Instead, I day dream about correcting the paint and wonder what pad/compound combo would take out the RIDS and swirls that have afflicted the paint.

timaishu
05-13-2012, 04:53 PM
I also find myself being critical of other cars conditions. But it does not take the joy out of being around cars for me. Just angle yourself so you dont see swirls. :)

01GreyStangGT
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I hate seeing swirled up cars at car shows.

BostonDetails
05-13-2012, 06:41 PM
we are a cursed group

A.P.A.D.
05-13-2012, 07:04 PM
i hate it when people say their black car doesnt have swirls and i can visibly see the swirls.

then they say, "i want you to wax my car, but you better not put swirls in the paint." im not sure what their definition of swirls are. sometimes when the moment is right, i like to point out the swirls to them(very innocently of course=)

alko
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I feel you on this one. It's just like when you are into music production. I've been doing music production since 07 and ever since I took my first music production class, I could never again listen to music the same as before. When I hear a track I listen to the music...I listen to the sequence...the different instruments...the drum and percussion cadence, structure...etc. I love it but at the same time I hate it because it will take me a few times to listen to the tracks for me to pay attention to the lyrics. I LOVE hip-hop tracks that have samples. I try to identify the sample the producer used and then I'll go back and listen to the original sample to see how they sequenced the chops. I could go on and on...but yeah...LOL I feel you!

Agfan
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Yep that is probably a problem we all have. Not to mention you walk by a car that is trashed inside and out and just pray to god that the owner never brings that car to you to get it detailed.