PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 - 1. Dawn - 0

Pages : [1] 2

wgilles
05-13-2012, 11:04 AM
I give all my clients a free wash and quick wax one month after I detail their car. So one of my clients came in today and wanted me to spruce up her car. She informed that she had been keeping up the washing on it. Then she dropped the bomb...she told me she had been using Dawn because she ran out of regular car soap :0

So I was expecting all the wax to be gone but to my surprise this is the beading I experienced
Just goes to show how strong 845 is. So after I spruced up the wax and seeing as it is mothers day, I gave her a bottle of car shampoo and told her to stay away from the dawn

rider9195
05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh man. At least she tried to maintain it. If she wanted to strip it she would use Dawn and CG CWG. :D

I really like the idea of offering a free wash and wax to returning customers and the fact that you gave her some actual car shampoo.

wgilles
05-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh man. At least she tried to maintain it. If she wanted to strip it she would use Dawn and CG CWG. :D

I really like the idea of offering a free wash and wax to returning customers and the fact that you gave her some actual car shampoo.

Yeah she got an A for effort. I usually tell people not to use dawn but with her I either forgot or she did.

I have so much car soap laying around I could probably give some to every customer haha.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Thats a good idea for the wash for customers.

Dr Oldz
05-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Very cool! I find the Collinite waxes very hard to strip...usually a mechanical polish is required. OPC doesn't even remove it 100%

Capa1970
05-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Props to Collinite 845 for its longevity.
Props to you for your generosity.

brlukosk
05-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe get some small bottles and put your info on a label. Give one out with each detail so the customer can use if they choose to wash before the monthly wash. Good marketing too.

habeba86
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I jst washed a car with cg citrus wash that Iput 845 on last november and it still didnt come off!

BookemDano
05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Maybe get some small bottles and put your info on a label. Give one out with each detail so the customer can use if they choose to wash before the monthly wash. Good marketing too.

Better yet, in addition to the bottle of wash...

Create a concise, one-page "Routine Auto Cleaning" instruction sheet. Then, after completing a detail, take a good after pic of the car, paste it into an open place in the instruction sheet, and give it to the customer. With your contact info, of course. Having a nice reminder of how good the car looked after the detail should help repeat business.

Dan.

wgilles
05-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Better yet, in addition to the bottle of wash...

Create a concise, one-page "Routine Auto Cleaning" instruction sheet. Then, after completing a detail, take a good after pic of the car, paste it into an open place in the instruction sheet, and give it to the customer. With your contact info, of course. Having a nice reminder of how good the car looked after the detail should help repeat business.

Dan.

That's actually something I've been working on. I'm creating a "how to keep your car looking good" sheet. But good idea with the picture.

wgilles
05-13-2012, 01:09 PM

That's a good idea.

hondacare
05-13-2012, 01:53 PM
What about collinite after putting down klasse? Or is it klasse then collinite?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AG Online

sdye
05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I just gave my pickup the Duragloss cocktail and topped with 845. I hope I have the same luck. Blacklight did not hold up very well.

SLD

swanicyouth
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
What a coincidence! I ran out of Dawn and washed my dishes with Wolfgang Auto Bath.

BobbyG
05-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Only the strong survive....:props: