PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Menzerna Paint Refresh?

Pages : [1] 2

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Like the topic title says I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on this spray and how it compares to other QDs. Especially against Hybrid V7.

May have to try it out on my next order if no one has used it.

Edit: forgot to mention if a link could be posted outside if AG to review of this product, I am having a hard time finding any via google.

TimmyG
05-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I used it last week on top of my previous powerlock application and thought it cleaned up quite nicely. A little expensive though if you ask me. I'm not sure it'd be worth the extra few dollars as opposed to the V7 you mentioned.

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Well in all fairness, the Menzerna bottle is larger than the V7 (22 oz vs 16 oz).

Mike Phillips
05-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I've used it, received the first bottles, works great!

I have pictures somewhere on forum.

:)

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I've used it, received the first bottles, works great!

I have pictures somewhere on forum.

:)

Really? My search skills must be terrible:laughing:
If you find it, mind posting a link? Thanks Mike:dblthumb2:

opie_7afe
05-13-2012, 12:04 PM
imo, some QD are overly priced. just use a waterless wash or use one of the rinseless washes that can be diluted to quick detailer. i honestly dont see the point in a qd that expensive, doubt it does anything special other then magically making your wallet lighter. if a QD is around 1$ per ounce i wont use it, thats way too expensive for what it is... and hybrid V7 is a spray sealant not a quick detailer two totally separate ball games.

TimmyG
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
imo, some QD are overly priced. just use a waterless wash or use one of the rinseless washes that can be diluted to quick detailer. i honestly dont see the point in a qd that expensive, doubt it does anything special other then magically making your wallet lighter. if a QD is around 1$ per ounce i wont use it, thats way too expensive for what it is... and hybrid V7 is a spray sealant not a quick detailer two totally separate ball games.
I tend to agree on your opinion with quick detailer products. I was lucky enough to try it for free and while it was a solid QD spray, it wasn't enough to make me jump from my Meguiars Last Touch $20/Gallon kick I'm on. Hard to beat the value on that!

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 01:57 PM
While I respect your opinions, the question was not if the price was worth it or not. To me diluting sometime to use as a QD is not anywhere in the same league as a QD or spray sealant. :props:

My question still stands, anyone have any experience or reviews on the Menzerna paint refresh?

fenderpicks
05-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Well in all fairness, the Menzerna bottle is larger than the V7 (22 oz vs 16 oz).

Not if u compare to V7 gallon size, which is about 36$ only for 128oz lol

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Not if u compare to V7 gallon size, which is about 36$ only for 128oz lol

This is true, but again there is no gallon size available for the Menzerna spray. But again, still looking for a comparison between the two :laughing:

opie_7afe
05-13-2012, 04:02 PM
there is no comparison between the two, they are two different kinds of products, v7 is along the lines of optimum car wax, xmt360 spray wax, duragloss aquawax,wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant, pinnacle souveran spray wax. while the menzerna is along the lines of all other quick detailers....its not an apples to apples comparison...

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 04:17 PM
there is no comparison between the two, they are two different kinds of products, v7 is along the lines of optimum car wax, xmt360 spray wax, duragloss aquawax,wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant, pinnacle souveran spray wax. while the menzerna is along the lines of all other quick detailers....its not an apples to apples comparison...

I understand that. I'm not looking for a direct comparison. I know one has a certain job and the other a different job. I'm asking which one when applied to their vehicle held the best results to the users eye. I can compare Menzerna Power Lock to Collinite 845 even though one is a sealant and the other a wax. All I want to know if how it looks.

I haven't seen any reviews on Menzerna's Paint Refresh, that is really all I want to see.

I ask because I have V7 on it's way, and I would like to know if I should try Menzerna's spray as a gift to my brother for us both to use.

RMM
05-13-2012, 04:21 PM

I really can't remember the last time I bought a QD. And for sure CG V7 and a QD don't belong in the same league.

:iagree:

spardavr4
05-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I really can't remember the last time I bought a QD. And for sure CG V7 and a QD don't belong in the same league.

:iagree:

:) I guess I am wording my question incorrectly.

I have V7 on order to use on a my own car. I would like to know what the final looks of V7 vs Menzerna Paint Refresh on a car looks like.

I know one is a QD while the other is spray sealant, just looking for direct final results. Not for their uses. Just plain ol' what it looks like on the paint.:xyxthumbs:

Thanks again for all your input guys.

eboose7
05-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I've used it and it works great. I am on my second bottle. It leaves a nice slick shine, and it is economical for a QD, since a little goes a long way. With their fine polishes and the quality of their products, Menzerna knows how to make an excellent QD. I highly recommend it!