PDA

View Full Version : Business name

speedislife11
05-12-2012, 04:35 PM
So I thought I had my business name thought out but apparently it's already taken so I was seeing if I could get some help on getting a new one. Heres some info: My name is Ricky and I live in Acworth, GA but I'll be living in kennesaw in about a month.

Bill1234
05-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Slick Rick's Detailing?

speedislife11
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
haha yeah I was actually thinking about that or rickybobby's detailing?

Flash Gordon
05-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Tricky Rickys

speedislife11
05-13-2012, 10:03 PM
My last name is Mewborn, so what do ya'll think about Mewborn's auto detailing?

Flash Gordon
05-13-2012, 10:06 PM
My last name is Mewborn, so what do ya'll think about Mewborn's auto detailing?

Sounds reasonable to me

Trying to find a name with a domain name is the tricky part

rustytruck
05-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Most detailers are small local business. There are a lot of small business with the same name. Do a google search. Most business in the same industry go for names associated with what they do. There is a green valley landscaping in just about every state. They are not associated with each other. Is there only one smith and sons plumbing of painting? No they are in every state. All small businesses. Your not prohibited from doing business as whatever you want. Go get a business license and as long as there is not another business with the same name in your state your fine. You might find that a lot of detailers do it on the side and actually don't even have a license. I know I'm not the only Afterglow out there but I do know I'll be the only one in massachttues.

Mike Phillips
05-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Trying to find a name with a domain name is the tricky part

Good insight...

Hey Ricky, before going any further, if you haven't read my two articles on this topic take moment to do so, especially this first one...

How to choose a name for your detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/22283-how-choose-name-your-detailing-business.html)

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23241-brand-yourself-brand-your-forum-nickname-brand-your-business-name.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
05-15-2012, 12:47 PM
When you purchase your domain name go ahead and purchase the city you live in (or want to cater to) along with "auto detailing". Example... "Auto Detailing Memphis/Memphis Auto Detailing" You can have that url directed to whatever url you decide to name your company. This will help you out if someone from your town does a Google search

Flash Gordon
05-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Good insight...

:xyxthumbs:

Thank You!