PDA

View Full Version : Can this be fix?

Pages : [1] 2

FFguy808
05-12-2012, 12:59 AM
I just got the car and notice the reflection on the door on my scion tC looks warm and light when sunset light hits it. Of course i knew the door was repainted on a spot then cleartcoat blend the surrounding area, at this particular light, its very obvious.

Can compounding and polishing improve and make the color better to match the surrounding area

Thanks

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p323/FFguy808/3a7b7f5d.jpg

Jomax
05-12-2012, 02:02 AM
I cant really see if it can be fixed. Can you take some closer pics??

FFguy808
05-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Its actually the whole door, notice it has a warmer glow than the rest of the paint because a small spot on the door was repainted but the whole door was sprayed with clearcoat, is it maybe the clearcoat being thicker than the rest of the original panels making the metallic shine more?

Midnight1700
05-12-2012, 03:50 AM
It looks like the paint is hazy, I don't see the "warmer glow" you're talking about. Hard to tell from that picture. Where you located? If you're near So. Oregon, I can probably help...

Bunky
05-12-2012, 05:16 AM
I am no expert but I think the door needs to be repainted again. It should match the rest of the car.

tuscarora dave
05-12-2012, 05:28 AM
I am no expert but I think the door needs to be repainted again. It should match the rest of the car.
:iagree:It looks like a totally different color to me.

RMM
05-12-2012, 10:27 AM
There is definitely a color mismatch. The door is more golden...ish.

mwoolfso
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Looking at this picture makes me value even moreso the decision of the body shop to repaint my decklid after they told me they were not satisfied with how their first attempt did not meet their expectations.

Flash Gordon
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
They should've blended the paint. That looks terrible

opie_7afe
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
to answer your question, yes it can be fixed. can it be fixed cheaply or easily? doubtful it seems the panel needs repainting due to the painters helper or the painted not mixing the paint correctly, seems to me the color is nearly correct but the flake is not or it could be just a shade off, metallics are hard to match the color correctly. so sad to say you need to live with it or get the door repainted and they should have blended it into the fender and quarter panel not just paint the door ...but hard to tell with pictures online due to the varying differences in each users screen setup. but the paint does seem to have more of a golden hue to it... however that golden hue can be caused by the time of day you took the picture, from the surrounding buildings it looks like you took the picture at sun down so usually the sky is more golden tinted at that time...try to take a picture at night under some bright gas station lighting or during mid day when the sun is at its peak...

Flash Gordon
05-12-2012, 03:59 PM
They should've painted (blended) the fender and quarter panel too. No way to make it look right w/out doing that IMO. Especially with a pearl metalflake IMO...

Your car looks hideous now :(

FFguy808
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I thinking of just buying a used door with the original paint instead repainting it again, for now im gonna try to compound and polish the door becuz its pretty hazy and dull right now. I hope it will improve on how the metallic pops during different light lil bit

FFguy808
05-14-2012, 12:41 AM
New pics, looking at the opposite angle reveals a paint match, but just this angle, looks so light and no blue hue to it. Looking at it straight also reveals a paint match.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p323/FFguy808/f489f436.jpg

This angle looks good and paint match
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p323/FFguy808/baec712d.jpg

pho_shizzle
05-14-2012, 02:50 AM
It totally looks repainted, different color hue...

Flash Gordon
05-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Park in the shade and you'll hardly be able to notice it :nervous:

What is the name of the body shop responsible for this?