PDA

View Full Version : Promotional idea...maybe??

New Image
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I thought i run this by you guys and see what your thoughts are.

I live in a SMALL town and we have this paper that circulate around. I was thinking of putting an ad in there as follows:
Free $125.00 towards an auto detail. Visit www.NewImageAutoDetailing.com for more info.

When they get there they will see a link that will guid them here http://www.newimageautodetailing.com/promotion.html

I figured that would draw traffic from locals to my site and so on and so on.

What do you guys think Go or No Go?

mwoolfso
05-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I like it, best of luck to you.

Bates Detailing
05-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Maybe - I think it would irritate me more when I found out that there was only a chance to win, kind of gimmicky to me - but then again that may be a way to get them there - don't think my response helps BUT :

Your slogan should be Its , not its -

BillE
05-12-2012, 07:23 AM
An idea...from also living in a SMALL town.

Go down to the paper and talk to one of the reporters and see if maybe they may run a little story about your business. Free advertising!

Many smallish towns/cities are losing businesses, so a story about one starting up may just be the 'good story' of the day.

Good luck...

Bill

215Detailing
05-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Nice idea but when you go to link it's boxed off (a chance to win $125.00), so it looks as a cash gift is the offer below you see FREE CAR WASH.. a little confusing. I'm thinking more like win a $125.00 value free Detail,. if that's your meaning

Setec Astronomy
05-12-2012, 07:57 AM
An idea...from also living in a SMALL town.

Go down to the paper and talk to one of the reporters and see if maybe they may run a little story about your business. Free advertising!

Many smallish towns/cities are losing businesses, so a story about one starting up may just be the 'good story' of the day.

THAT is a great idea. Local papers are always looking for human interest stories. You can explain how what you do is different/better than a car wash or the results people can get themselves (without a machine). Then you can take that money and put an ad next to the story if they won't put contact info in the story.

Flash Gordon
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Place the ad, but skip the coupon (unless you're giving it to everyone)

BorisC
05-12-2012, 11:48 AM
There is only one way to find out if it works. Test it. As they say in real estate it's all about 'location, location, location'. With advertising/promotion it's all about 'testing, testing, testing'.

You say '$125 towards an auto detail', how much more would I have to pay? On the page, like 215Detailing said, looks like it's about winning $125. Also the newspaper ad would say 'win a detail' but the web page says 'win a car wash' ???

The good part about something like this is if it worked and you got say 50 people to enter, now you have 50 people you can email coupons and promotions every few weeks. I tend to analyze advertising more than most b/c if I'm going to spend money on it, I want to milk it for all it's worth.

You may also want to consider running some kind of ad every week or two b/c one ad, one time will probably not give you the results you are looking for. It doesn't have to be a free detail ad but something to keep your name out there. Just some of the things to consider before you jump in.

New Image
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys for all the info. Im going to work on it some more. My goal is to get a lot of local traffic on my webpage and using an incentive to draw them in. I do agree that i need to change the title still, maybe somthing in the line of " win a chance to get $125 worth of auto detail service from New Image blah blah"

Flash Gordon
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Just offer 10% of new customers

The ppl you're looking for don't typicaly clip coupons

New Image
05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Well I might use the email they submitted and send out a mass email with and introductory offer with some kind of discount.

New Image
05-14-2012, 09:10 AM
So I updated the wording a little and used some of your advice. Please take another look and tell me what you think, hopefully it's a tad bit more clear on what is being offered. I did lower the value to $100 rather than $125.

New Image
05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Password is "clean"

BorisC
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Imo it still seems unorganized, for lack of a better word.

Why not just say "win a free detail - a $100 value"? Why 'up to $100'?

'Win an opportunity for a free auto detailing' -What does that mean?

'Raffle like drawing' ??? I would put 'chosen at random'.

The "fine print" at the bottom is a bit confusing & sounds a bit scammy. What do you mean 'surrender the $100', are you giving a $100 cash? 'Right to refuse service and pick a new winner' - based on what? Sounds like a bait & switch routine.

Between the 'opportunity' and 'right to refuse', it comes across, to me, like nobody is really going to get a free detail.

If I were doing this, I would keep it really simple. 'Win a free detail - a $100 value" and list what it includes, wash, wax, interior, etc. Enter your name & email below. Then your 'winner chosen at random on...notified by emai... etc' And then a fine print disclaimer of some kind: "We respect your privacy and will not sell or share your information with anyone. You also agree to receive future promotions from ABC Detailing which you can opt-out of at anytime" Something like that anyway.

Of course this is just my take on it and I tend to over-analyze things that most consumers may not pick up on. Having done marketing & promotions for my own businesses, one thing I've learned is to make it very simple and very easy to get people to do what it is you want them to do. Whether it's to buy, enter info, call, or whatever.

New Image
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Imo it still seems unorganized, for lack of a better word.

Why not just say "win a free detail - a $100 value"? Why 'up to $100'?

'Win an opportunity for a free auto detailing' -What does that mean?

'Raffle like drawing' ??? I would put 'chosen at random'.

The "fine print" at the bottom is a bit confusing & sounds a bit scammy. What do you mean 'surrender the $100', are you giving a $100 cash? 'Right to refuse service and pick a new winner' - based on what? Sounds like a bait & switch routine.

Between the 'opportunity' and 'right to refuse', it comes across, to me, like nobody is really going to get a free detail.

If I were doing this, I would keep it really simple. 'Win a free detail - a $100 value" and list what it includes, wash, wax, interior, etc. Enter your name & email below. Then your 'winner chosen at random on...notified by emai... etc' And then a fine print disclaimer of some kind: "We respect your privacy and will not sell or share your information with anyone. You also agree to receive future promotions from ABC Detailing which you can opt-out of at anytime" Something like that anyway.

Of course this is just my take on it and I tend to over-analyze things that most consumers may not pick up on. Having done marketing & promotions for my own businesses, one thing I've learned is to make it very simple and very easy to get people to do what it is you want them to do. Whether it's to buy, enter info, call, or whatever.

I can agree with a lot of what your saying. I will take much of it into consideration and even implement a few suggestions. Thanks I really do appropriate it!