PDA

View Full Version : Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover

Modena AL
05-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Has anyone used Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover and how did they like it?

I autocross my car quite frequently now, so I'm seeing more and more rubber cone scuffs. Sometime last year I slaughtered a whole row of them and had some really bad ones that covered a large area on the side of the car. They wouldn't come off with washing or quick detailing and in the end I just buffed them out.

Was wondering if this R3 stuff might be good to use the day after to take them out or if someone had something else in mind that might work?

FUNX650
05-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Has anyone used Mothers R3 Racing Rubber Remover and how did they like it?

...if someone had something else in mind that might work?

The Mother's R3 worked quite well.

But I've found the below listed product to be premier for removal of racing-rubber and cone-scuffs:

Premier Protection Films International's: PF-1 T.T.R.
(Recommended by all PPF manufacturers)

If so interested:
sales@premiermobilegroup (add a .com)

:)

Bob

Modena AL
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks Bob! Looks like good stuff. I see they mention alot its for clear cover products, which I don't have. Do you know how safe it is to use straight on the paint? I also assume any LSP may be gone after use?

Josh@BR
05-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Bought the stuff when it first came out and never used it. I keep forgetting I have it lol.

FUNX650
05-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks Bob! Looks like good stuff. I see they mention alot its for clear cover products, which I don't have. Do you know how safe it is to use straight on the paint? I also assume any LSP may be gone after use?

IMHO...
-If this product will not have any harmful affects on PPF...It more than likely won't harm a baked-on at the assembly plant CC paint-film.

For illustration purposes:
-Any top-shelf PPF is composed of materials similar to today's modern CC paint systems...It's usually a 3-6 mil thickness polyurethane/"CC" top-coat film layer...just not as high-temperature, baked-onto the other PPF's layers/substrates.

'Paint' applications:
-I've used the PF-1 TTR on my vehicles' CC top-coat paint film.
If you have any doubts, whatsoever, I suggest to: test-spot, before going forward.

Demise of LSP(s):
-Yes...Most LSP's will need to be 'refreshened' after PF-1's application; or, for that matter, polishing/buffing processes on cone-scuffed areas (That I believe you stated you'd done previously), as well.

Hope this helps some.

:)

Bob

Modena AL
05-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I guess that does make sense that if it's safe for a film its safe for a baked on paint lol

thanks for your help!