PDA

View Full Version : M205 preffered pad

Lambo1
05-11-2012, 07:01 PM
for those who use 205 do u guys use yellow polishing pad or black finish pad from Meguiars? I've heard either one

BobbyG
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not an expert on Meguiar's pads but I've copied this from their page.. I think Meguiar's M205 is will suited using either both of these....:props:

Yellow Foam Polishing Pad - The polishing pad has a less dense consistency capable of removing light swirls and oxidation when used with a light swirl remover or fine polish.

Beige Foam Finishing Pad - The finishing foam pad is very soft and has no leveling ability. Use this pad to apply waxes, sealants, and glazes and produce a high gloss shine.

Lambo1
05-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok thanks..I've used 3m products for years and want to switch it up a lil

shoeless89
05-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I've never used any of the Meguiar's pads but based on the description I personally would go with the Yellow Foam Polishing Pad. There are always variables like paint hardness/softness etc. but from my experience it should work with most situations.

pho_shizzle
05-12-2012, 01:56 AM
It all depends on the surface being worked on, Ive used everything from a yellow pad combo to a orange or white pad even. Even 3m Perfect it blue finish pads.

Jab1719
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
It all depends on the surface being worked on, Ive used everything from a yellow pad combo to a orange or white pad even. Even 3m Perfect it blue finish pads.

I agree it all depends on what you want. The yellow will give you more cut the black doesn't really give any but will finish nice with the 205. You can even do yellow then black if you want