PDA

View Full Version : Picture size?

Bags
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I tried to do a search but it didnt come up with what I need. Can someone make a sticky or a link on what size to shrink your pictures. With the cameras out toaday they take big pictures. I usually upload them to my wife's site and insert the link. I tried to make them 4x6 and they turned out huge. Should I resize them using the pixels?

Jimmie
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Bags is this why some pics on here fit on the page and others you have to scroll left and right. My pics have to be scrolled??????

blkyukon
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I tried to do a search but it didnt come up with what I need. Can someone make a sticky or a link on what size to shrink your pictures. With the cameras out toaday they take big pictures. I usually upload them to my wife's site and insert the link. I tried to make them 4x6 and they turned out huge. Should I resize them using the pixels?

Yes you have to change the pixel size...changing it to a 4x6 only changes the print size, but keeps the pixel size the same.

Everyone pretty much runs a resolution of 1024x768 anymore so a good max. width size would be 800 or 700 -

here is an example of 800x534...it's big enough to fit without scrolling and still shows good detail.

http://melncal.com/detailing/pictures/yukon_1_10-6.jpg

abrcrombe
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Standard for web pictures is 640x480. The biggest I would go is 800x600.

Whitethunder46
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I always take my pics at 2MP and then shrink it 50% when I save them.

Jimmie
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
:confused: Do you guys resize the pixels on your camera or your computer?

blkyukon
03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
:confused: Do you guys resize the pixels on your camera or your computer?

On the computer. If you are running XP here is an easy program for resizing:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

Scroll down and download imageresizer.exe. Once install all you need to do is right click on the image and have it resize the image for you.

Jimmie
03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
On the computer. If you are running XP here is an easy program for resizing:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

Scroll down and download imageresizer.exe. Once install all you need to do is right click on the image and have it resize the image for you.
Thank You. That was slick. Already done.

justin_murphy
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
XP Image Resizer is awesome. I used Medium.......800X600 for my pics. I now upload them to photobucket via the "publish folder to web" feature inside and to the left of the folder you download your pics to on your computer. Then, it asks to resize there.

Bags
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks that was just what I was looking for. I think it helped others as well.

Whitethunder46
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I just tried what Justin does, wow, it makes pictures much much easier.

I just uploaded them on Photobucket all at once (didn't know you can upload multiple pics at once on Photobucket), and then resized them via 800x600 under an option. Worked GREAT!

justin_murphy
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I just tried what Justin does, wow, it makes pictures much much easier.

I just uploaded them on Photobucket all at once (didn't know you can upload multiple pics at once on Photobucket), and then resized them via 800x600 under an option. Worked GREAT!
It's a HUGE timesaver isn't it?

I found out about it last week. Better than click, click and click.......20 times!