PDA

View Full Version : Megs MF System or Optimum MF system?

Marc Hufnagel
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
For those that have used both the Megs MF system with the D300 and D301 and ALSO the Optimum MF system with the Hyper Polish and Compound sprays which do you like best?

I'm looking more for comments about using them with a GG DA really.

Thank you

SonOfOC
05-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Both are really nice systems. Meg's D300 is a beast, pads not quite as durable, and I end up using something other than D301.

Optimum in my opinion is a litte more versative by fact that you can use it via da or rotary. I use both the compound and polish everytime and top it with my favorite LSP.

wukin
05-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I used both. First I have to say is the sprayer I got was defective. Back to the topic, Meg's MF system is 2 steps system and Optimum needs another step for wax. Both systems have about the same cut while Optimum offers a little bit more in gloss and clarity. If I have to choose, I'll go with Optimum but I hate that sprayer.

1 more thing Optimum is bodyshop safe, Meg's isn't.

rider9195
05-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I have only used the Optimum pads with other polishes than the Optimum ones. The compounding pad was a breeze to use. Cut extremely quick but didn't finish out great. I followed up with the polishing pad and all the micro marring was gone. I used speed 5 for both steps and did not see any excessive heat up of the pads.

Marc Hufnagel
05-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I've seen a few comments that the megs system doesn't work as well with the flex, but I don't plan on getting one anytime soon anyway. I may just have to drop some $$ and try the Opt and see it sounds like. I don't think I'd want to use the D301 for a wax though as I'm liking the duragloss stuff right now, 501, 601.

wukin
05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I use Flex3401 90% time and I don't have any problem with Meg's mf disc. It's just do as well as Optimum's at speed 5-6.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
With a GG DA, Meg's MF system for sure.

Capa1970
05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I have only used the Optimum pads with other polishes than the Optimum ones. The compounding pad was a breeze to use. Cut extremely quick but didn't finish out great. I followed up with the polishing pad and all the micro marring was gone. I used speed 5 for both steps and did not see any excessive heat up of the pads.

I recently purchased the Optimum mf cutting discs and used 2 of them on speed 5 on my hood. Both pads were destroyed from heat build-up, with one completely separating. I used the Griot'd DA and was told that speed 4 was the appropriate speed.

OhTwoGT
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I use the megs system, the pads are pretty durable you just have to keep cleaning them with the "on the fly" method to keep the microfiber from getting clogged up and gunky. I love d300 too, it works great on foam as well

jminrod
05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
With the clean in the fly I was going to try the compressed air. Do I have to do that outside the garage. I'm not sure how much comes off when you blast it with air.