PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing / Rubber Trim products

brentech
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
A few products that I don't have in my arsenal are tire dressings and something to keep the window seal trim black.

Curious if you guys have tire dressings that doesn't fling to the rest of the car as soon as you start rolling. It's been a really long time since I've bothered with these products because of this, but I feel like something has to be out there by now that can manage to stay one the tires.

Also, I have some area's of the black rubber seal around windows that could using sprucing up (getting some white hazing). Any recommendations for these products.

I look in the store and see a lot offered for tire dressing, but just don't want to use it if it's going to be messy. As for the the seal around the windows....I'm just not sure I'm finding the right products. Lots of trim sealants or plastic trim restorers, but that's not what I'm looking for.

rider9195
05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I use Chemical Guys VRP on my tires. Doesn't sling and dries after a minute or two. For trim I tend to use Collinite 845. It makes it a nice black and protects long. Just be sure to wipe down the trim right after application.

Setec Astronomy
05-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Part of managing sling is the product, and part of it is simply application technique. If you use a heavy, oily dressing, it needs to be wiped down once it's penetrated, so there isn't dressing left on the tire to sling. You're applying a liquid, and if you leave it on the surface of the tire (especially in ribbing or raised lettering) and then spin it, it's going to sling, no matter what.

SON1C
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Part of managing sling is the product, and part of it is simply application technique. If you use a heavy, oily dressing, it needs to be wiped down once it's penetrated, so there isn't dressing left on the tire to sling. You're applying a liquid, and if you leave it on the surface of the tire (especially in ribbing or raised lettering) and then spin it, it's going to sling, no matter what.

Good points

Mazda.Mark
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Dressing - DP Tire Gel

Exterior trim - BlackWow if restoring is needed.

HotWhipT/A
05-10-2012, 10:11 PM
VRP dressing for both here

brentech
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I'll have to take a look at that VRP and sift through some of the trim products, thanks all.

A-train
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Carpro PERL

swanicyouth
05-10-2012, 11:14 PM
For tires: Eco Touch Tire Shine, Optibond, Poor Boys Bold and Bright. All are good.
For window seals: Gummipfledge or Optibond

BookemDano
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Carpro PERL

+1

ArkayoDeetayo
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
For Trim
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant
Ultima Trim and Tire Guard
P.E.R.L

For Tires
Blackfire Eclipse Tire Gel
P.E.R.L

note: You can just get either Wolfgang's Exterior Trim Sealant, UTTG, or PERL, and use it for both purposes of trim and tires

G8RDave
05-11-2012, 12:57 AM
I think Zaino's tire dressing is excellent on tires. One coat leaves a matte shine. Two coats leaves a very glossy shine. Dries quick and doesn't sling after a few minutes.

G8RDave
05-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Sorry. Double post. And on my first first one! Dang it.

Detail_Dude
05-11-2012, 07:05 AM
For tires: Eco Touch Tire Shine, Optibond, Poor Boys Bold and Bright. All are good.
For window seals: Gummipfledge or Optibond

Looking to try out Gummipfledge, hoping it reduces the sound of air that occassionally seeps in when driving at high speeds (nothing crazy, of course).

RMM
05-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Tires: TUF Shine (for durability) / Zaino Z-16 / CarPro PERL / Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus / Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant
Rubber Trim: CarPro PERL / Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus / Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

As you can see, there some products that are 2 in 1.
Einszett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care is very good indeed for the seals: a true must have!